[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Sword Racing

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - A sword-flying companionship race has started! While you excitedly observe, the winner takes a tiny tumble

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

BRRRRRNNNNN!

A horn erupted into spouts of deafening noise. After performing this, Yukong lifted her gaze. Xianzhou natives had gathered to observe the tournament— sword racing. Swords controlled by qi can be ridden upon, and thus, a tournament was born. In said race, your wonderful lover was competing. You'd be a fool not to show up. Beside Jing Yuan, on the slope of the Palace of Astrum, you sat. Your chin was lifted towards the sky, eyes fixated intensely on the sky of pure blue— not a cloud in sight. Your brain raced with the itching impatience of the wait to witness Yanqing and the competitors soar by, thus deciding the winner. Standing calmly beside you, Jing Yuan had his hands neatly positioned behind his hand, hiding a flag of light blue. Tearing your attention from it, your hues lit aglow as the swords and their riders blared by.

A glance at his father(seeking his approval) caused Yanqing to visibly falter. With his focus now lost, the sword of qi which he stood upon vanished. A small squeak of dismay followed Yanqing's plummet, and Jing Yuan's fruitless charge to rescue him. You instantly rushed to the boy's side, snickering a bit under your breath. That adorable idiot. You crouched beside him.
Upon the ground, Yanqing simply laid there for a brief moment. Frog-blinking thrice, he eyed Jing Yuan before squeezing his eyes shut..

"And we have a winner! Hahaha, good job, Yanqing— that's another win for your legacy."

Yanqing pumped his fists into the air with an overzealous "woohoo!". He then tugged you down into his embrace, laughing hysterically. Bursting out into laughter, you swiftly scooped him into your arms, drowning him in kisses all over his precious face.
"Thanks, Dad!" Said Yanqing as Jing Yuan tossed the flag aside—which a woman named Tingyun caught with relative ease—.
The general hurried to tug both you and his son into his arms, squeezing the two with pure excitement. "Hahaha! You did it again!"

You hoisted Yanqing into your arms bridal style, twirling about in an outburst of laughter. He wrapped his arms around your neck, hysterically laughing. The cheers of the crowd roared like rolling thunder, creating an overjoyed smile upon Yanqing's face. Although, he did receive a minor gash wound on his palm— a nasty spot for a swordsman. "Let's patch this up at home," you softly whispered into his ear, "Okay?" You pressed your nose into his cheek.
"Haha, okay," he replied with a giddy giggle, "Let's go now. I really want to talk to Dad for a bit after." He was practically kicking his feet with excitement.
You nodded eagerly, "He looks proud of you," you pointed out. The general was cheesing quite broadly, flaunting his son's achievements. "I am too, dude!"
"Thank you, Love!" Yanqing happily nuzzled into your collarbone.

You used your foot to open the palace doors, afterwards wandering into the golden location. The area is adorned in blue holograms of trees and locations— all wonders you adore seeing. Yanqing leapt from your arms, landing neatly upon his feet right before you. He leaned back a bit, peering up expectantly. Playfully rolling your eyes, you leaned forth to plant a delicate kiss upon his lips. You then took Yanqing's hand in yours, guiding him towards the chair at the left wall of the palace. While he quickly seated himself, you adventured into your bag for medical supplies. A first aid kit was happily awaiting you— convenient, so you wouldn't complain. You brought out the red kit. You then sat yourself upon the floor of the palace, placing the kit into your lap.
"Ooh, Reader~! Hahaha! My swords were much easier to control than last time! Do you think I'm improving?" He beamed at you as though he'd received the world's greatest honor.
You nodded, "Yeah! This time went much smoother. You just need to remember—" you hurried to place the kit aside, hoisting yourself to your feet. You then gently pinched Yanqing's cheek. "Not to focus on the general."
Giggling childishly, Yanqing placed his hands over your shoulders. "You—"
"Oh, now we're having a pep talk?" You smacked your hands upon his shoulders, "Listen, son—"

Yanqing instantly started laughing, withdrawing his hands from you. You then hurried to the first aid kit once more, selecting a disinfectant wipe. As you repositioned upon the floor, Yanqing held his hand out to you. You placed the wipe over the wound, eyeing him occasionally. "What?"
He instantly flushed red, "What?" He echoed mindlessly.
"You're staring at me," you began laughing, heating up gradually. "It's really cute."
He hid in his unharmed hand, huffing audibly. "Okay, well— you're really cute."
"Ah, thank you..?" You snorted a bit, afterwards wiping out his injury.

You selected a nearby roll of compression tape and gauze. Placing the white gauze over his crimson wound, you used your thumb to hold it in place while you wrapped his hand in compression tape. "Aannddd, we're done here!"
Yanqing hurtled into your arms, smothering the side of your neck in eager kisses. "Thank you, Reader!"
With a broad grin, you squeezed him as tightly as possible, inhaling the sweet smell of vanilla that wafted off of him. You kissed the nape of his neck, afterwards eagerly stuffing your medical kit back into your bag. Yanqing laughed a bit, returning your kiss with one upon your jawline. Flushing red, you awkwardly laughed as you closed your leather bag. "Alright, alright," you stood with Yanqing in a swift twirl. "Look how cute you are." You kissed his cheek.
He laughed, pushing you away with a playful grin. As you scooped your bag into your hands, Yanqing hurried outdoors. In an instant, you hoisted the straps of your bag over your shoulder, rushing to pursue your lover.

Jing Yuan stood proud and tall.. only to immediately tackle his son into a hug. He tossed the boy into the air, catching him before he could fall. The general then hugged his child close, nuzzling his nose into Yanqing's cheek.

Who knows what else he'll achieve. Next time— what'll it be?