[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Hell is an Illusion

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - A beach brings about memories, new and old

                            - A beach brings about memories, new and old. Your companion, Blade, would know.
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

"I'm going to kill you."

Deadpanned a dark-haired character as his fiery gaze fixated upon the sunset that weighed in on the horizon. Blue remained in the sky, clouds gathering near the orange ball of flame. The salt waters lapped at the sandy shores and emerald weeds, the sand turning vibrant pink from algae growth. Pink hues painted the surface of the dark sea, leaving you halting in absolute awe. It was incredibly warm, the bath-water-like liquids washing over you. You stepped back, ignoring Jing Yuan and Blade's miniature dispute. In that moment, you simply sat upon the algae-ridden sand. Each pothole created by the fleeing tides had residual waters left within. Fish and other sea life scampered about with the cruelness of nature. Out of pure selflessness, Yanqing had begun scooping the fish into his hands, afterwards giving them a steady and gentle release back into the vast tides.
Ripples over the water crashed over the water, leaving you in utter awe. A relaxing melody, amped with reverb and slowness, chimed in your mind. You propped your elbow onto your kneecap, gazing out at the sun over the painted horizon.

Meanwhile, Jing Yuan waded through the waters that barely submerged his calves. Upon meeting up with Yanqing, he eagerly pointed out several anemone to the boy. Yanqing's gasps of surprise and awe followed. Jing Yuan began chortling laughter.
The breeze swiftly carried strands of a dark individual about as he approached you. He gazed down upon you. You craned your head to peer back at him. As Jing Yuan and Yanqing escaped elsewhere, your eyes remained trained on Blade. His pants of cement-gray had become a darker shade at his calves, where his legs had been submerged. The bandages on his arms were sopping wet, dangling off of his forearms and digits with the weight of the water. Without a word, Blade seated himself beside you. You've grown to trust this man with everything. Hardship, highs, lows, your life— everything. Blade has it all. It would be so easy for Kafka to manipulate him into destroying everything for you, but you don't care.

With a heavy-hearted sigh and a wrenching heart, you rested your head on Blade's shoulder. Clouds rolled along over the blue sky. The sun blared. Jing Yuan and Yanqing adventured back to the wooden boat and the original beach where it'd been anchored and tied up. Being in solitude with Jing Yuan's husband brought a bittersweet smile to your face. For years, people around him had deemed Blade as "irredeemable". And yet, there he was, happily married to the general of the Xianzhou Luofu. You've been Blade's one and only friend for so long, it felt nice for him to obtain happiness. To you, Blade is family.
When you fell for Yanqing, he was the first to know. He listened so carefully. He took your mind off of it. He eased your worries. Most importantly, he showed a moment of vulnerability before you as well. The feeling of being welcomed has never felt so rewarding.

You lifted your gaze to peer at Blade, snickering upon meeting his eye. "Man, I remember when it was just us," you began in a soft tone of voice. "I'll never forget it, actually."
Suddenly, Blade's cracked lips lifted into a smile. A smile so bright, the sun paled in comparison. His cheekbones had lifted so high, his eyes were forced to squint. His dimples revealed, his eyes wrinkling. His hand slid over yours in a protective manner. You slid the bandages off of his hand, staring at his smile. It had shell-shocked you into autopilot. Prior to this, you'd never seen him smile. Not when you two spoke beneath a canopy of stars, not when you played amidst fallen, Autumn leaves, not when a wave crashed over the backs of his own knees and decimated him— pfft.

"What're you laughing at?" Questioned Blade.
You grinned back at him, "Old memories," you then squeezed his hand in yours, emotion overwhelming you. The sentiment was all too much to handle. "Like the star story. And how we used to lay outside every night and just.. talk."
"To be fair, you did most of the talking." Blade replied casually.
"Sure," you snickered as you elbowed him. "We totally kicked that one ladies ass back there. Remember her? The huge one."

There came no response.

A tear trailed down the side of Blade's pale complexion as the hue of sunset washed over him. He simply sat there, his hands grasping yours as the bandaging upon his arms and hands slid off. The tide carried the white bandaging onto the soaked sand. Shells dotted the seafloor, all kinds of colors filling the painting-like scenery. Blade's dampened hair swished in the breeze, his irises twinkling with profound hope.

"Reader! Father! Come on!"

You snapped your head to the right as Yanqing's voice reached your ears. Smiling upon seeing him waving eagerly with Jing Yuan beside him, your heart melted. You held Blade's unwrapped hand close in your hand, "That is our future, dude." You said, lost in thought.
Blade lifted his head. "Is this what Elio scripted..?"
You snickered a bit, "What a prick," you then spun around, embracing Blade tightly. "I'm happy that I met you. Blade, this is the perfect future— thank you for being apart of it."

His arms hesitantly coiled around you in return. As emotions washed over the duo, tears pricked your eyes. You buried your face into Blade's neck. He squeezed you close to himself.
Sniff.. sniff..!
"Agh—! Damn you!"
You allowed the tears to run from your eyes as Blade began to cry himself. His body was entirely cold, yet there you were, gifting him heat. Always and forever, you will give him heat when he is cold.

Splashing sent your ears pricking. As expected, Yanqing and Jing Yuan had approached to see what was keeping you two.
"Hey, Blade?"
The Stellaron Hunter lifted his face.
"Ouh— what happened to your face? It's all puffy.." questioned Yanqing.
Jing Yuan snorted, "Are you crying—?" He teased his lover.
You refused to release Blade. He sniveled audibly, "So what if I am..?"
Disturbances upon the water followed as Yanqing got onto his knees beside Blade. The blond boy tugged Blade into a tight embrace, even wrapping an arm around you as well. You returned his hug.
"Don't." Deadpanned Blade.

In an instant, Jing Yuan bear-hugged you all. Cracks could be heard from the trio's backs, followed by soft and muffled laughter. A breathy whisper neared your ear,

"Whether I see you in the heavens or not, it does not matter. I'm grateful I had this opportunity at life with you. I will love you for as long as I live, then for as long as I remain in Heaven or Hell. Thank you."

"Aww, Blade— as long as you stay alive, you'll have me for. You're my best friend."

"Careful, if the asshole hears, it's over for me."