[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Error Code; 543635

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - A log regarding a broken character that shook the fandom to its core

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                     Honkai: Star Rail player report— "strange bug" with new character 'Reader'.

Hello, Trailblazers! We encountered a problem recently, therefore postponing the 1.4 patch for the character Reader.

- An issue with Reader's passive where players cannot activate their skill unless Yanqing is on the team has yet to be patched. The original fix date was intended to be May 13th, but there have been more issues regarding Reader's character functions.

We're doing our upmost to fix this issue. Please take Stellar Jade x1000 for our delays.

"Haunted" character Reader will only work with Yanqing:

Honkai: Star Rail players have been reporting more and more bugs with the newest addition to the playable roster. Apparently, their talents will become unusable unless the character Yanqing is on field.

Taktok explodes with unsettled players on the trending tag #loyalreader.

Apparently, the two characters are best friends in the game's main story. Players have mentioned Reader's personality being eager to help Yanqing. Their talent is supposed to react to the on-field characters with damage-absorption, where they give another character a shield and attack boost while nullifying any attack damage taken for two rounds. Players on Taktok have made countless videos about how Reader only responds to Yanqing, just like their in-story appearances. The character supposedly deals outstanding damage, and most players wish for them to never be patched.

Comments

● Jasm!n456
This happened to me too. I'm genuinely scared lol
I was using Reader in the mirror of memories battles, expecting them to carry. The overworld 3D animations of eye movements were happening all throughout the battle(i was so scared). They were always looking at my Yanqing. I saw the videos about it but never expected to see it myself. And boom, for the first time since I gor them three weeks ago, their talent worked. Apparently people have also seen their model following them when they use Yanqing???

● Hugs4Heizou
Hell no😭

JingYuan🔛🔝
They've only been out for three weeks bro
I sorta noticed some of that weird stuff too☠️ my Yanqing keeps looking over his shoulder and making a smiley face and istg I have seen Reader's model in the herta space station

● Xiaoscsock
Now I'm not pulling for them- y'all are scaring me😭

● Kurukuruinfr
I'VE SEEN THIS ALL OVER TAKTOK
STOP THIS MADNESS, FIRST IT WAS FACELESS AYATO AND NOW IT'S THIS GIVE US A BREAK HOYO

Updates: Reader talent issue

We're sorry to announce that after two months of trial and error, we were unable to adjust Reader's gameplay to function correctly. The talent repeatedly focused on Yanqing, or doesn't activate whatsoever, even when it is cued to. Players will be rewarded with Star Rail Pass x300 as compensation for this error.

We will continue to make adjustments to hopefully fix Reader's character function.

Reader — the character that broke the internet.