[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Chance Encounter With Blade

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - You and Yanqing find Blade injured and bleeding

                            - You and Yanqing find Blade injured and bleeding. While you urge him to leave and instead report to Jing Yuan, Yanqing is eager to help Blade.

( this was written prior to Yanqing meeting Jingliu, so he acts pretty unlike himself here. I'm sorry about that. )

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                   Clear skies hung over the Xianzhou Luofu, bathing the flagship in sunlight. Slight clouds of white drifted along the horizon, the waters in Scalegorge Waterscape unusually tame. Each wave slightly slid over the sand and grit lining the exterior of the ancient, Vidyahara island. Some claim that the sea only rises when terrible omens are on their way, which especially startled Xianzhou folk when Dan Heng returned.
Both you and Yanqing know better than to believe such superstition. Part of that is because during Dan Heng's return, you and Yanqing fought alongside he and the Astral Express. It was hectic. Destruction was everywhere, especially harboring near to Jing Yuan. The Luofu almost lost their general that day.

Now wandering amidst the sands and horrible memories, you followed in Yanqing's footsteps as he ascended the worn and destroyed flight of stairs leading towards Dan Feng's memorial. The mighty statue always sent a suspicious chill racing down your spine whenever you lay eyes upon it. It feels as though its piercing gaze is diving deep into your core, rearranging your very soul in a painful manner that is cold as ice and as relentless as a starved wolf.
Briefly shaking off your anxiety, you stood beside Yanqing. The swordsman knelt before the statue, offering the base several gifts, all neatly wrapped in satin fabrics of pure white.
"That won't stay white for long." You blandly stated.
Yanqing snickered a bit as he forced himself back to his feet, "I know, but at least we tried. It should be enough to make the thought of Dan Feng just a little warmer." Said he as he turned towards you.
You folded your arms over your chest, nodding your head. "Yep. Especially the flowers. I think he'd like them."
"I hope so," Yanqing sheepishly murmured. He then turned his back to the statue, beginning to depart from the watery setting. Gloom hung omnipresent like a persistent patch of mold. Somehow, you were unable to pry yourself away from the striking statue of Dan Feng. "Are you coming?" Asked the perplexed voice of Yanqing, who halted to wait for you to follow him.

Although your mind had a response and action planned out, your nerves refused to reply. You froze there, absolutely dormant as the feeling of iciness consumed you. Sweating with terror and anxiety, you clenched and unclenched your hands several times. Although you still had mobility, it was still impossible to pull yourself away from the statue itself. Its spear seemed to turn a woeful gaze upon something..