[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Raindrops On the Yellow Foliage

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - Dancing amidst a downpour with Yanqing

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

"Stay close to me, Darling."

Four-PM sunlight shone down into your vision, your eyes squinting against it. Raindrops pelted upon your attire and skin, saturating you entirely. The damp feeling was easy to ignore— you had better things to focus on. Amidst rainbow-filled-mist that sprayed off of the nearby foliage of amber. A watery breeze swished about, sticking Yanqing's golden threads of hair to his drenched skin. He wore his Cloud Knight attire, however, his swords were laid aside to avoid the downpour of pure water. The pattering sounds were accompanied with genuine laughter as you swayed Yanqing to and fro in a soft, coordinated dance. The blond swordsman brushed his bang hair aside, slicking it back using his left hand to prevent it from obscuring his eyesight. As he brought himself closer to you, your soaked clothing smushed together, the heat between both you and he becoming like that of a warm blanket in a frigid bedroom.

As for your status, it matters not. Everything that happened, has happened, or will happen; it doesn't matter. All that matters is the present. The gift which you hold in your hands, delicately dancing amongst raindrops, admiring his otherworldly beauty; it could never be erased from your memory. Forever engraved in your mind, this moment— for however long it lasts, will survive for an eternity. No matter how soiled or dirty your mind gets, this experience will shimmer like freshly born gold. Like that of the pools of gold in Yanqing's irises. A specific gold coloration that you will never forget, even when the day comes where either moves on from this world, this hue of gold shall forever persevere.

The sounds of rushing water and pattering monsoon filled your thoughts with still serenity, your appendages locked between Yanqing's with comfortable warmth. Whether it was your fingers caressing along his soaked attire, or his lips meeting yours, the gentle sway of a dance and the flow of rainwater never ceased. For in this moment, both was necessary. Without one element, the entire moment would crumble like a disturbance upon still water's surface. Amidst winds that play and tussle one's hair, and laughter that fills one's heart, there was joy. There was love. There was life.

Even if the world is in peril, and the stars threaten to fall— you won't be afraid. You have a gift of priceless gems with you. What more could you want?
All that you are is a blank canvas, forever at a standstill until someone named Yanqing greets you with colorful paints. Only then can a masterpiece be born.