Fires

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Ed Sheeran - I See Fire

───────────────⚪─────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 0:00 / 4:54 ⠀ ───○ 🔊⠀ ᴴᴰ ⚙ ❐ ⊏⊐

Prepare as we will

Watch the flames burn auburn on the mountainside

Desolation comes upon the sky

---

The Ninja trained before Zane started to interrupt them. After freezing half of the training equipment, they looked at Zane, who seemed to be in his own world.

''This roof ain't big enough for the four of us,'' Kai said after slipping on the ice.

''Correction, this roof isn't big enough for him,'' Cole replied, looking at Zane.

''It's like he's in his own world,'' Jay said. ''I bet he can't even hear us!'' he raised his voice.

Zane threw his shuriken, before jumping up and spinning mid-air.

''Sensei, Zane's weird,'' Kai said.

''What is weird?'' Wu asked the Fire Ninja. ''Someone who is different, or someone who is different from you?''

Cole shook his head. ''No, Sensei, he's ''weird'' weird.'' Cole replied.

The ninja then remembered times where they saw Zane as weird.

Looking over at Zane, he bowed his head, only to be hit by the dummy.

''We like the guy, he's really smart, just... uh, a little off sometimes,'' Kai said.

''Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different, I should know.'' Wu said the last part quietly.

Hearing the doorbell ring, the ninja rushed out, with (Y/n) being helped along by Nya.

The Mailman stood next to his bag and sighed. ''Let's see...'' He dug into the bag. ''A letter from Jay's parents, Kai has a fan letter, (Y/n) has a letter from her sister... and oh, something from Cole's father.'' He gave the items to the ninja.

''What, no package?'' Cole asked. ''I'm expecting something from Creatures, Beasts and Beyond.''

The Mailman looked into his bag. ''Oh, nothing from...'' He found the package and gave it to Cole. ''Ah, here it is.''

''Hah, Rocky's gonna love this!'' Cole said with a smile, before running off.

(Y/n) opened her letter.

Dear Sister,

Wherever you are, I hope you're doing okay.

P.s, Mum made me write this

Love, your big sister

Cami

(Y/n) snorted and threw it away. ''Sisterly love.''

Looking over at Zane, she noticed he didn't get anything from the mail.

''Hey Zane, how come you never hear anything from your parents?'' Jay asked the Master of Ice.

Zane was quiet for a moment. ''I don't remember my parents, I've been an orphan all my life.'' He answered.

Jay and Kai looked at each other. ''You mean you've never had a home?'' Kai asked.

Zane shook his head.

''The monastery is your home now,'' Wu said.

Zane turned and walked away, with the others watching him.