Shackles Broken, Enemy Awoken

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Starset - Something Wicked

───────────────⚪─────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 0:00 / 4:00 ⠀ ───○ 🔊⠀ ᴴᴰ ⚙ ❐ ⊏⊐

Is this where the liar ends?

Dark where the light had been

Lost at the war within

Out of myself I feel it crawling

How can I tell if this is the ending?

Out of myself it began evolving

I am not well, repent I'm guilty

---

A.N: I am so so sorry for the long wait, guys! I literally have no excuses that would be good enough reasons to make you wait for this. Anyway, on with the chapter!

p.s: if you think the song I put up there doesn't fit the chapter's tone, maybe put on Halocene's cover of Bad Guy! (It's epic, trust me.)

p.p.s (haha, pp): I may be a bit rusty, we'll see about that

angst

The people of Ninjago went about their day, doing what they did usually, whilst unknowing of the trouble that had been brought upon their own saviours.

However, that was short-lived, especially for one. As a man sat in his car, waiting at the traffic lights. He knew he was running a bit late for work, tapping his finger against the wheel in an effort to stay calm, though when he glanced up at the still red light he groaned.

''Oh, come on!'' He complained, gripping the gear stick, and putting his pedal to the metal, finally running out of patience.

The car surged forward, though like the man's patience, was also short-lived, as a massive creature that appeared to be an oversized crab came into view, taking up most of the road.

He quickly rethought his life decisions as he reversed, stopping at his previous spot before he watched the crab go past, then a flying robot kind of thing following after it.

His boss wouldn't believe him.

---

(Y/n) let the wind spread through her feathers, flying above the giant crab that had most of the ninja on it, and the Samurai X mech.

Stuck in her thoughts, she let herself be honest, only to herself, however. She felt worried. For Lloyd, and what would be happening to him at this very moment.

But also frustrated, as whilst in her bird form, and without the shapeshifting leaf, she couldn't access her other powers, leaving her ready to attack anything without much of a reason. She hated only being able to use one of her powers since spicing up things in battle kinda was her thing.

Which was why she was flying above the others now, refusing to land near them and suddenly act like a magpie or any other kind of aggressive bird defending its nest.

(Y/n) figured that could be useful.

Down where Crabby was walking, Remo was taking a much-needed nap on Kai's shoulders, who looked up at the shapeshifted kitsune stuck in her bird form. He frowned, feeling worried for the girl, glancing back at the others.

Nya shared his expression, looking back at him. His sister then looked at her own feet, playing with her fingers absentmindedly.

''What if (Y/n) doesn't turn back?"

The ninja turned to look at the freckled face of Jay, who shrunk back a bit as they turned their gazes to him, obviously not expecting the sudden attention.

''Then..'' Cole would start out, trying to think aloud.

Morro ran a hand through his hair, looking lost, as he stared into nothing.

''You'll take care of her as best as you can.''

This time, it was everyone but Kai's turn to look at someone, that being Remo, who was now awake, looking concerned. The situation as it was, had its effects on him as he was now worried for the one he knew as his mother.

Zane sighed. ''We'll see what we can do, and focus on that for now.''

The other ninja nodded in agreement, while Remo looked up to (Y/n), checking that she was still there, before resting his head back down on Kai's shoulder.

''Like getting Lloyd..'' Nya murmured, sighing, wishing she could do something for Vitamin C.

''Hey, maybe having a bird friend wouldn't be the worst thing, right?" Jay piped up, remembering back to when he called (Y/n) when she was a bird Azul, sort of smiling at the memory.

Morro looked almost annoyed, but he quickly turned away before anyone could notice, resorting to redoing his long, silky, hair up into a loose-ish ponytail, which was sorta messy.

---

Thundering steps were heard as Crabby and the Gang approached the police station.

Right behind an unsuspecting police officer who had been oblivious to the fluffin' giant river crab, who then turned, gasping at the sight.

(Keep in mind he was facing glass doors, so why didn't he see the reflection?)

''Uhh..'' He started awkwardly, shocked.

''Is the Police Commissioner here?" Kai asked from on top of the crab, then the Samurai X mech landed beside Crabby. The officer nodded.

The ninja jumped down, landing at the base of the steps, going up towards the entrance. (Y/n), still, as a bird, landed on Jay's head, who cried out in alarm, making the transformed birb make a sound like she was laughing.

''Don't forget: the best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend.'' Zane reminded the astounded officer, as he gestured to Crabby. (Y/n) then flew off Jay's head, going to Cole, who let her perch on his shoulder.

''Aren't you, Crabby?'' Jay patted the giant crab as it leaned into his touch, making a few guttural noises similar to that of a cat purring.

''Crabby!'' Baby Wu cried out happily.

The giant crab reared up, letting out a guttural roar, as the officer looked on, still astounded. He then watched as the ninja pushed open the doors, with Nya at the back.

''Hey, what am I supposed to do with him?'' The officer asked as the ninja were going inside.

''Take him to the zoo!'' Nya answered, turning to walk with the rest, the door closing behind her.

''We don't have a zoo!'' The officer replied

Unfortunately, this is the draft chapter that was going to be the latest one, however, I lost motivation for it, and well, things happen. I do have something related to this on my tumblr (thatonethimbo) with a short fic that goes by the same name. It's pretty angsty.