Chapter 3 - Comfort.

The Next Day.

'RINGGGGG'

"What do you want."

"BRO WAKE UP AND ANSWER THE DOOR."

"Open it yourself"

"BRO ITS COLD OUT HERE JUST OPENNNN"

"No"

"PLEASE ZAK"

"I'LL LICK YOUR TOES"

"BRO WHAT? YOU'RE WEIRD"

Zak hangs up and walks to the door and looking out the window

Zak sees Arran and sticks out his tongue

"BRO, JUST OPEN THE DOOR"

Zak eventually opens the door for him and giggles.

"YOU'RE SO ANNOYING" Arran yelled at Zak

"BRO I WASN'T THE ONE WHO WAS SCREAMING OUTSIDE YELLING TO ANSWER THE DOOR"

"BUT YOU WERE THE ONE BEHIND IT"

Zak rolls his eyes and lets Arran in. As they were sitting on the couch talking, Arran asks about Darryl.

"SoOooOOoo~"

"So what?"

"How was your 1 on 1 with Darrylll~"

"Uh, lowkey fun... He's really sweet and cool."

"Ooh, does Zak have a crush?~" Arran said teasingly.

"Dude, don't even joke about that.. You know how I am with relationships.."

"C'mon Zak! Look more alive! Maybe you'll have better luck"

"Yeah right. What's next? Another angry ex-girlfriend showing up with her best friends to harass me?"

"Honestly we should've reported them, they were literally walking jumpscares"

Zak giggles at Arrans reply and smiles at him

"Literally. To be honest I do want to meet new people, but I also want to date someone I know.. I dont know it's difficult to explain, I want to feel the emotions I feel with you and George. Unbothered, happy, excited, etc."

"Zak... Me and George always want the best for you, even intimate wise, but we still think you need to take a break for yourself. We know how you are with this stuff and we want to help cure that."

"I hate this whole intimacy thing. I can never find the perfect match and when I think I do have them, they leave because I'm too clingy, annoying and stuff. Sometimes it's not even my fault.."

Arran gets up and hugs Zak.

Zak embraces the hug and starts getting teary eyed.

"Why do I have to be like this...?"

"Zak..."

Later in the Night.

Arran had left Zak alone as Zak had requested. He was putting on his shoes.

I'm so stupid. Why did I push him away? Zak thought as he went outside.

He started walking towards the park. By this time it was 8pm so as expected the park was empty. Zak made his way to the swingset, As he thought over recent events, He hears a familiar voice...

"Zak?"

"Oh my gosh, Darryl ! H-Hi..?"

"What are you doing here by yourself..? Wait.. Have you been crying?! Your eyes are red and puffy..!"

Zak, embarrassed, looks away. Eventually startled as Darryl hugged him tight. Zak feels his face get hot but doesn't pull away from the hug and eventually embraces him.

"Don't let go until you let everything out, I can tell you're hurting. Everyone needs to vent."

Darryl said, playing with Zak's hair. Zak is shocked by this and froze. He eventually gave in and started crying, digging his head into Darryl's neck. After a while, Zak pulls away.

"..thank you."

"Don't worry, I won't leave you. C'mon let's go home."

Darryl holds out his hand to Zak. Zak shows a sign of hesitance.

"I promise you're okay."

Darryl says, holding out his hand again, This time Zak takes his hand. They go to Darryl's apartment having Lucy greet them at the door.

"Lucyy! Down girl" Darryl said.

Zak looks around the apartment. It was a very modern apartment, clean, comfy. Darryl goes into the kitchen to make some coffee.

"You can look around the apartment! I don't mind!"

Zak looked at Darryl's warm smile, and smiled back. He started looking around, seeing pictures of him and lucy. Darryl finishes making the coffee and puts two cups down. Zak sees this and heads towards the counter. They both take a sip and a wave of relief washes over them.

"Hey.. Zak?"

"Yeah?"

"If you don't mind me asking... why were you crying..?"

Zak freezes at this.

"I... It's complicated.. I'll tell you when the time is right."

Darryl frowns at this but leaves as is.

"Do you want to spend the night?"

"Sure"

"I don't have much sleep clothes but you can wear my hoodie and these bottoms"

Darryl said as he gave Zak some clothes. Zak goes to change and sees Darryl on the couch.

"You can sleep in my room!"

"What, No! It's your house! I can sleep over here on the couch."

"No, you're the guest ! I can't do that, what kind of host would I be?!"

"Fine. Be that way. Sleep in the bed with me." Zak said.

"WHAT!? NO!" Darryl protested.

"Do it. Or else you hate me"

"WHAT...?!!?! IN WHAT WORLD DOES THAT MAKE SENSE"

"My world, now come on!"Zak pulls Darryl into the room and they both lay down.

"I just want to say.. Thank you Darryl. For everything."

"No problem Zak. You're one of my friends now, I will always care for you."

Zak smiles and eventually falls asleep with Darryl.

-End of chapter 3-

-time taken : 30 mins-

-778 words-

kind of short but im updating almost everything i wrote :)

more romantic scenes coming :D

thank you for reading <3