Chapter 11 - Slipped away

They arrived at the hotel and entered with their luggage. They quickly made it to the front desk and checked into their rooms.

As said before, it was Zak and Darryl in one room, Arran and George in the other and Velvet and Ant in the last one.

They went into their rooms, unpacking so they would feel more comfortable. Zak's room had a balcony so he went out on it and looked around the resort

Darryl eventually came out after him, looking around as well.

"Arran and George want me to try and meet someone special here." Zak said, smiling gently.

Darryl was shocked at this, feeling a pinch in his heart.

"O-Oh ! Really?" Darryl replied, trying not to sound hurt.

Zak nodded and smiled gently.

"I'm pretty excited, maybe I'll finally find someone.."

Darryl didn't know what to say and remained silent.

Zak looked over at Darryl, questioning why he didn't respond.

"Are you okay? Do you feel sick?" Zak asked, turning to him, gently touching his shoulder.

'Yeah, totally lovesick for you' Darryl thought, but replied.

"Ahh, I'm okay Zak ! Maybe all the driving made me a bit drowsy." Darryl said, trying to force a smile.

"Hey, how about you go rest and I can go get you something to eat !" Zak said, as he led Darryl back inside.

"You don't have to-" Darryl said, but was interrupted by Zak

"Nah, it's fine ! I'll be right back" Zak said as he grabbed his keys and went outside the door

Darryl smiled as he left but he was hurting inside

Sure, he knew he caught feelings too soon but they were genuine. He loved Zak. Hearing that he was going to find love made him jealous.

The question he secretly wanted an answer to, had just been answered. Zak didn't feel the same

_

As Zak was entering the elevator he saw a woman, close to his age coming towards him. He got in the elevator and was about to leave before she yelled:

"Wait ! Can you hold it please!" The woman said, running towards the elevator.

Zak put his foot where the door opened and waited for the woman.

She finally got there panting and relieved he held the door.

"Thank you so much !" She said, entering.

"No problem" Zak said as he took his foot away from the door and pressed the button.

"Sorry ! I was taking too long to get ready and I'm already late for a pool party !" She said

"Oh ! Don't worry about it, I'm not really in a rush to go anywhere !" Zak said, reassuring her.

"Well, if you're not doing anything tonight, come join me and my friends ! You seem pretty cute and nice !" She said, giggling.

Zak blushed at this response, a bit flustered.

"O-Oh ! Hey, why not?" He laughed nervously

The elevator dinged, signaling they were here. The doors opened.

"Well I'll see ya around cutie !" She said, rushing to the pool party, leaving Zak speechless

He blushed again but brushed it off and went to get Darryl some food.