Chapter 13 - Take a chance

____________________________________________________________________________

Zak's POV:

I woke up a hot mess.

I was sweaty, uncomfortable and dealing with a headache.

I realized I was in an unfamiliar room until I saw Lya sleeping next to me.

I looked around confused at what we did until I realized I saw 2 guys and 3 girls laying around the room.

We must've come up here, continuing the party from last night. I just don't remember anything

I looked around for a while, noticing a red cup. I picked it up smelling of alcohol. I must've drank a lot last night.

I'm a lightweight, so it doesn't really bother me that I can't remember much. I got up and got my things about to leave until I heard someone get up.

It was Lya.

"Where are you going?" Lya asked

"I'm gonna head back to my room..?" I said, confused.

"Okay." She says, slightly disappointed.

I left before she could say anything else.

I got back to my room. Unlocking the door with my key card and going in.

I see Darryl sleeping. I smile.

I always liked seeing Darryl. He was really kind, sweet, mature, always thinking of others and just someone you could cry too.

I look at him, about to wake him up until I see dried tears.

He had been crying.

I felt terrible, I panicked and woke him up.

Tears formed in my eyes, I hated he was feeling this way and I wanted to comfort him in any way I could.

"Darryl?? Are you okay?" I panicked.

He woke up confused and clearly a mess.

Before he could say anything I embraced him in my arms.

"Z-Zak? What are you doing..?"

I didn't reply, I just wanted him to not feel this way. Whatever was hurting him, I wanted it to stop.

I wanted whoever was making him feel this way to stop.

"Zak..."

He eventually embraced the hug as well, pulling me onto the bed to make us less uncomfortable.

I looked at him, tears flowing down my face.

"Why were you crying?" I ask

He looked at me confused until realization flew onto his face. He looked into my eyes and started giggling.

"I could say the same to you" He said smiling, tears starting to form in his eyes.

We laughed and hugged each other again.

I gripped onto his hoodie, digging my head into his neck.

"I just want to know what's bothering you... I don't want to see you in pain." I said.

__________________________________________________________________________

Darryl's POV:

I looked at him.

'You're the one who's making me feel like this Zak..' I thought.

I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I just..." I said, my words trailing off.
"I... I don't know how to say it, but it's nothing to worry about, okay?" I finally say.

He looked at me doubtfully, He knew I was lying.

"Do you not trust me...?" Zak said, slightly disappointed.

"Of course I trust you ! I just can't tell you yet... I don't think now is the time, okay?" I say

Zak looked disappointed but brushed it off.

I sighed, feeling a wave of relief wash over me

There was a moment of silence, making the room feel stuffy and uncomfortable.

Zak got up, and went outside to the balcony.

I went after him.

"I think I like Lya.." Zak said.

At that moment my heart shattered. I felt a stinging pain in my chest that I just couldn't describe.

The pain was insufferable and I felt weak.

"Really?" I say, trying to not sound hurt.

"No, not really... I can't describe the feeling."
"She makes me feel happy and I find her and her personality attractive.."

"Yeah?"

"But, I think it's more of admiration than genuine love... I wish George hadn't said anything. I don't want to let him down, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship."

My eyes lit up.

I have a chance.

"Don't rush into things Zak ! I know you'll find the right person over time."

Zak looked at me, his eyes lighting up.

He smiled gently at me, which made me happy.

"You're right. I will find this person over time."

"You just need to take a chance."

He looked at me with hope.

I just hope he takes that chance with me. It'll give me a chance.

We both looked around for a while, it was a moment of comfortable silence.

We both walked inside eventually.

"Hey... Did you want to watch that movie?" Zak asked

"Sure !"

We both sat down on the bed, looking around on the TV for movies we found interesting.

We finally picked a movie and watched it, sharing some giggles and comments.

It made me happy that he decided to spend time with me.

I think we'll be great together.

Platonic or Not, I'll love his amazing personality.

-End of Chapter 13-
-time taken; two days-
-737 words-

Thank you for reading ! :)

(Sorry, i've been busy and having the best last weeks of my life, trying to make memories at school <3 Promoting in 1 week so I've been focusing on my grades mostly <3)

(Hope you don't mind, also 130+ reads?!?!? You guys are insane ! thanks so much ! I started this for fun and to just write cause I've always written silly stories.)

(Literally made a story about how Skeppy found rocco ! Anyways, seriously thanks !)