Chapter 14 - Crimson Red

A/N: 14TH CHAPTER, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

A/N: 141414141414

A/N: spoilers for bad's 4/19 stream (lore with skeppy) and bad's season 1 finale of egglore (the egg returns - dream smp egglore finale) i'd watch both for context of the story.

A/N: i quote skeppys calling for bad. THESE ARE NOT CANON IN THIS STORY (ITS JUST A DREAM, PRAISE THE LORDDD)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Zak and Darryl both fell asleep during the last 20 minutes of the movie.

Zak was very tired and a bit hungover. Darryl was just tired of the stress Zak was giving him.

Not in a bad way, but in a way Zak didn't realize.

Darryl wanted his feelings to go away. He didn't want to like Zak the way he did and he hated the way he made him feel.

Is what he was telling himself.

He knew it wasn't true, but he wanted it to be.

Darryl decided to put away his feelings. He didn't want to keep hurting himself like this. He decided it was for the best.

As much as he loved Zak the way he did, he knew Zak wouldn't return his feelings.

Maybe. Just maybe.

Darryl wasn't as tired as he thought since he had a dream.

A dream of Zak.

"Bad?"

"Bad??"

"BADDD?"

"BADD !"

"Baddd~"

"Bad?.."

"Baddddd"

"BADDD ANSWER ME !"

"BAD !"

"Badboyhalooo~~ I know you can hear me~~"

"BADDD ANSWER ME COME ON!!"

"HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY YOUR NAME? ILL SAY IT."
"Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad"

"bADDD !"

"Bad..."

"Bad, actually answer me..."

"Bad...."

"Where are you..?"

"Please actually answer me.."

"Bad...?"

As Zak was continuously calling out bads name, Darryl was standing right infront of him, examining Skeppy.

It was skeppy. But something seemed off.

Darryl looked around the room they were in.

As Zak was calling out his last words, Darryl was exiting the room. Shaken up.

There was a sign on top of the door. 

"Bones and Skeppy's house"

But, who was bones..?

He looked at the house, backing away.

It was his and Zak's vacation home.

They hadn't used it in a while, as they said it was their vacation home. But,

Something was off. Not only was Zak calling out his name repeatedly, He got sad when he didn't respond.

It was unusual.

It was Zak but it was like he couldn't see Darryl infront of him. And he was standing still, not looking around.

Or... Maybe Darryl wasn't himself.

Almost as if he was a ghost that Zak could not see.

Darryl felt his heart beating rapidly as he started getting farther from Zak.

He wasn't in control of himself.

He tried desperately going back to Zak, but, he was stuck. Inching further and further away from Zak.

And then Zap.

Skeppy had turned around. 

Blue fading from his hoodie.

Turning into a crimson red. 

Darryl saw Zak sit, and bury his head into his knees.

Seeing some kind of red vines latching onto him, twirling around his arms and legs. Then around his torso, the thorns slightly digging into his skin.

He heard Zak wince in pain at the vines.

Until he turned to look back.

His face has a gold liquid inside his skin, slowly growing further. Crawling up his neck.

It almost looked like... Lava?

Darryl tried screaming at Zak, trying to warn him of the vines.

But nothing came out, just a gasp.

There was no point if Zak couldn't hear nor see him.

He wanted to save Zak, even if that meant giving into these mysterious vines.

He turned around seeing him being pulled to a red egg. 

It had the same red vines that dug into Zak's skin.

Darryl decided to give in, wanting to be joined with Zak.

He had the red sucked out of him.

Once he was finished, he turned around to look at Zak, hoping they could be together.

Until he saw Zak with his natural blue hoodie. No vines, Nothing red.

He was normal.

He tried calling out, being cut off by Zak.

"If this means we can be together again, I'll do anything in my power to stay with you."

"Us against the world, remember?"

Darryl suddenly looked behind him, no longer seeing the egg.

Confused, he turned around to see the egg behind Zak.

Zak looked at him and gave him a warm smile, then turned around, bowing for the egg.

"SKEPPY !" Bad called out.

Until Zak disappeared.

"I want to be by your side always, even if that means putting our friends before us. Even if that means killing you as well." Zak whispered in Darryl's ear.

Darryl tried turning around, until he felt a sharp pain in his chest.

He looked down, seeing a sword in his chest.

He immediately woke up, sweating and panting.

Thankfully, it was just a dream.

His ears were ringing and he took a minute to gather his thoughts, a particular question in his head.

"He'd do anything to be by my side...?"

-End of chapter 14-
-time taken : 30 mins-
-755 words-

thank you for reading !

A/N: I really wanted to include some egglore, I didn't know where or when, but I suddenly started writing. I wanted skeppy to call out bad's name until his voice lines started ringing in my head LOL So i looked up the 4/19 stream and I took inspo from that, that's why egglore appeared LOL. And then i started remembering the story from the finale sooo... YAH. Hope u guys liked it tho, I had alot of fun writing this chapter, it isn't story accurate but it's just a dream.

A/N: if you didn't realize, i said it wasn't canon at the beginning but this specific dream says alot about their relationship. ;)