Chapter 9 - Will they like me..?

They all got out, Zak leading the group. Zak rang the doorbell having his sister answer.

"Zakk !" Sam said.

"SAMMM!" Zak said as he hugged sam.

They giggled and went inside having the group follow them.

"Hi Sam," George said, shaking her hand.

"Skepinaaa !" Arran said, waving.

Sam giggled and smiled.

"Hi George and Arran, great to see you both again following my little brother !"

"Hi.." Darryl said shyly

Sam was surprised to see this brunette boy with the group but she gave him a warm smile.

"Hello ! What's your name?"

"It's Darryl," Darryl said, feeling more comfortable.
"Uh, I'm Zak's new best friend" Darrly said, giving her an awkward smile

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Darryl !, please make sure to keep Zak out of trouble" Sam giggled.

"Yeah" Darryl gave her a warm smile.

Sam also loved this brunette instantly. She could tell he was kind and genuine.

Zak was in his parents room saying hi. So it left Sam and the group.

Sam, Arran and George were talking. Sam trusted George and Arran, she's known them for years because of Zak. They had actually been friends with Zak since highschool and she knew they were true and genuine.

Zak eventually came back with his parents behind him.

"Well don't we have a group here." Zak's mom said.

"Hii Mr. and Mrs. Ahmed" Arran said, shaking Mrs. Ahmed's hand.

"Hello !" George said

"..Hi !" Darryl said nervously.

"Arran.." Mrs. Ahmed said gently, smiling.

She pet his head.

"It's great to see you still friends with my Zak." She said

"George ..." She said gently, giving him a warm smile.

She pet his head as well.

"The more mature one, than Arran of course." She said giggling.

George giggled at this and looked at Arran who was side eyeing him.

"And, Oh !" She said surprised.

She had never seen Darryl before.

"It's Darryl, I'm a new friend of Zak's ma'am !" Darryl said nervously

She inspected him for a few seconds which made him extremely nervous.

She petted his head and smiled at him.

"It's great to see you Darryl, I can tell you're kind and genuine, smart, and very loving."
She smiled warmly at him, having Darryl relax and less tense.

"Thank you ma'am." He said, shaking her hand gently.

"That's exactly what I was thinking Mom" Sam said

"Arran and George, the troublemakers !" Mr. Ahmed said, patting the two on the back.

"Just Arran, sir." George said

"WHAT, AM NOT" Arran said

Mr. Ahmed laughed and walked over to Darryl.

"You're alright Darryl" He said fluffing up his hair

"Thank you Sir !" Darryl said, smiling.

"But now, is it true Zak? Is Darryl really all that?" Sam asked

Zak paused for a moment before replying

"Nahh, He swears left and right, he bullies me and he's an idot." Zak said, smirking.

"I AM NOT YOU MUFFINHEAD." Darryl said

Zak giggled at this, Arran laughed as well and George smiled a bit holding in his laugh.

"FINE, I'm kidding ! Darryl is very sweet, comforting and kind. He gives the best hugs and advice and he's my best friend !" Zak said, smiling

Darryl blushed at this and looked away.

"Well that's good. Take good care of my Zak you three" Zak's Mom said.

"Yes ma'am" Arran said, smiling.

"Okay mom, we gotta be going, our other friends are waiting for us" Zak said

"Okay, stay safe all of you" Zak's mom said

Zak hugged his mom and dad.

"Don't do drugs !" Zak's dad said

Zak giggled and went to hug his sister.

"Take care of Rocco ! and yourself too I guess" Zak said

"Yeah yeah, have fun !"

Zak giggled and went to Rocco.

"Hi there budddyy~ I'll see you next week k? You're such a good boy!~"

Zak and everyone said bye to his family and went to the car. Zak pulled out of the driveway and started heading to the airport. Zak was not listening to the conversation and had his headphones in instead. 

"Well look at you Darryl, already part of the family~" Arran said teasingly.

"You're just mad his parents liked him instantly while it took you 1 year" George replied smirking.

"Shut up dude." Arran said

"Wait, Zak's parents didn't like you, Arran?" Darryl asked.

"No, I may or may not have been a bully back then and Zak happened to be my target." Arran said, embarrassed

"We all literally had the same friend group, with Zelk and Mega, literally everyone." George said

"I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN JEALOUS ZAK WAS MORE POPULAR." Arran tried to drown out what George was saying.

"You told Zak to off himsel-" George said, being cut off by Arran.

"WE DON'T NEED TO GO INTO DETAIL." Arran said.

"You did what." Darryl said

"I uh- ANYWAYS...Darryl, let's talk...!" Arran said nervously.

"WHAT DID YOU DO." Darryl said

"IT WAS LITERALLY A DECADE AGO ALMOST."

"It was 8 and a half years ago, freshman year." George said, looking at his phone.

"I'm gonna be calm cause I'm pretty sure it's 9 years but anyways, how did you guys become best friends?" Darryl asked.

"Okay Darryl, sorry to interrupt your question but you're an idiot !" George said

"WHAT HOW?"

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN GO TO HIGHSCHOOL WITH US! IT WAS 8 AND A HALF YEARS AGO" George said annoyed.

"ANYWAYS, I got out of the stupid phase of hating him, he started talking to me more so I got to know him. Eventually I realized he's really cool and I may or may not have gotten slightly attached." Arran said, smiling.

"Wow." Darryl said

"I know right, I told Zak to not forgive him but here we are." George said

"SHUT UP, ANYWAYS LOOK, WE'RE HERE" Arran said looking out the window.

They arrived at the airport and got out of the car.

-End of Chapter 9-
-time taken : 30 mins-
-905 words-

Thank you for readingggg <3 :P