Chapter 25 - Amor Eterno

A/N ; Listen to Amor Eterno by Rocío Dúrcal for the set tone of the flashback ♡

Thunder could be heard outside, followed by big beams of lights that flashed almost every minute.

Instead of staying inside, curling up on the couch while staying warm, Zak decided to go outside.

Zak sat out on his front porch looking at the sky, it wasn't raining yet but the wind was picking up ever so slightly.

Zak never liked rain.

He preferred sunny days as they brought more hope and joy to the world.

A feeling he never experienced often.

Plus, Rain is too loud and dark.

Although, when it's beginning to storm, you have that breeze, dark grey sky and a sense of relief.

A feeling you don't get often if you stress alot.

Zak particularly liked the before storm features, the smell of rain hitting him.

Zak smiled softly.

It has been 2 days since Darryl had come over and shared his feelings over their vanilla ice cream.

Zak was speechless about the topic. He didn't know how to describe it.

It all happened in the moment and he couldn't fathom the fact that Darryl and him are 'taking a break' .

They never discussed if they were still going to be friends or not.

Zak was guilty over the whole situation, Darryl seemed to have loved Zak more than anyone else has.

Darryl was genuine.

Zak hugged his knees to his chest as he thought over what Darryl said about him.

He began to realize no one would ever love him the amount Darryl did, and the chance that they'd be as genuine as him.

Zak couldn't understand why he happened to not like Darryl back.

Zak's POV ;

Sometimes I wonder what life wouldve been like if I didn't exsist.

Everyone has that thought.

I usually came up with the conclusion that
I would miss my friends and family, but it wouldn't make a difference if I wasn't here.

Maybe George and Arran wouldn't be worried 24/7, My family wouldn't have to spend extra time or money on me.

Their lives would be less stressful and they'd all be more successful than they are now.

Atleast, that's what I think.

I told Darryl about this thought and he said...

Flashback ;

"ZAK ! That's so not true"

"Well, that's how I feel about it"

"oh my goodness, you muffinhead"

"what do you meannn?? That's literally how it'd be !"

"You realize without you their lives wouldn't be the same as they are now right?"

"What..?"

"Oh my goodness, here. Look at it this way, they had to have had you or met you in order to have the life that they have now, meaning if you didn't exsist, things would be entirely different and they might not be as perfect without you."

"..."

"If I hadn't met you, I'd probably be less happier than I am now."

"are you serious..? you're not just saying that...?"

"Of course I'm serious you muffin ! I wouldn't be where I am right now if I hadnt met you, you gave me a sense of how fun life can be if you make the most of it. Especially if you spend it with the right person, that person for me... is you"

"Dude, you're so cheesy~"

"Oh my goodness, nevermind, I take it back, I hate you!~"

"DARRYL IM KIDDINGGG~ WAIT!"

"NO!"

"PLEASEEEE~~"
"I LOVE YOUUU"

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW."

Darryl walked away from Zak, having Zak chase him and apologize constantly, filled with giggles and happiness as the sky was filled with pinks, reds, oranges, and blue as the sun began to set as they walked through the park.

End of Flashback.

-End of Chapter 25-
-Time taken ; 30 mins-
-601 words-

Thank you for reading <3

A/N ; Amor Eterno by Rocío Dúrcal inspired this, Amor Eterno means 'Eternal love'