Chapter 18 - Flash

__________________________________

They woke up in the morning, still in the same position as they were the night before.

Zak had woken up first and was able to get out of Darryl's arms. He was the first to get ready.

Darryl woke up a little after Zak, So as Zak was in the shower, he was cleaning up the room and grabbing Zak's and his stuff.

Once the room was finally cleaned, he waited for Zak.

He was eager to talk about the night before,

He had felt Zak caressing his cheek and playing with his hair, and he noticed Zak dug his head into his chest.

He didn't want to get too excited (as if he didn't already), But he was wondering if Zak had felt the same.

Zak eventually got out of the shower, dressed in a Blue hoodie with the sleeves rolled up, revealing a black long sleeve shirt that had the type of material that protects skin from the sun, as well as some black ripped jeans, and red and white vans on.

Darryl loved Zak's style, so this outfit was in Darryl's words "Stylish and cute".

Zak laughed at Darryl's comment and sat on the bed with him.

Darryl decided to get in the shower and left Zak to his own thoughts.

On the other hand, Zak was excited thinking about the past events that happened. Opposed were the thoughts that were saying to not say anything about it.

Zak was torn between the two and couldn't figure out if he should talk about it with Darryl or just brush it off as "Just friends".

Zak hated that phrase, but he decided to go with that story instead.

He sighed.

He saw the door open to see Darryl.

Darryl was wearing the same shirt that protects the skin from the sun, over it was a red sweatshirt with the sleeves cuffed, he was wearing regular black jeans and black and white vans.

Zak was taken aback by this and couldn't help but smile.

"Looking good badboy ~" Zak said

"Oh be quiet" Darryl jokingly scoffed

Zak giggled and decided to go and bother the others.

"ANTTTTT, VELVETTTTT. YOU LOVEBIRDS OPEN THE DOORR !!" Zak was practically screaming outside of their door.

"ZAK !! Stop screaming" Darryl said trying to pull Zak away from the door.

Eventually the two started arguing.

"BUT I WANNA SEE VELVETTT !!" Zak screamed in a whiny voice.

"We'll see Velvet later !"

"B-But, I WANNA SEE HIM NOWWWW" Zak screamed, again in a whiny voice.

The two were bickering so loud, the whole hallway could hear, as well as the two on the other side of the door.

Until George and Arran opened the door right next to the one Zak was trying to get into.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP?!" George yelled at the two.

Until the door Zak was holding opened, having Zak lose his balance as Darryl was trying to pull him away.

The two fell backwards, having Zak fall on top of Darryl, followed by a very awkward silence of the two staring at each other.

"I knew you guys were yelling but I didn't know that was the reason..~" Velvet joked looking at the two.

Zak easily got flustered and practically jumped off of Darryl.

"Shut up, NOW LETS GOOO!!!" Zak whined.

Darryl sighed and shook his head, smiling gently at Zak.

Zak turned around still seeing Darryl on the door, rubbing his arm.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Zak said, sounding concerned, crouching down to Darryl.

"I'm okay Zak, I just hit my arm.." Darryl said looking down to his arm.

Zak gently took Darryl's hand off of his arm, rolled up Darryl's sleeve looking around for any cuts or any sign of hurt.

He saw a bruise starting to form on Darryl's arm and Immediately felt bad.

"No no no noo, I hurt you" Zak said gently rubbing his arm.

"It's okay ! It'll go away after a day or two" Darryl said, pulling down his sleeve.

"Noo, it's not !! I don't want you to be hurt" Zak said in a whiny voice.

"Zak-"

Zak pulled Darryl into a hug, trying to not accidentally put pressure on his arm.

Darryl smiled and returned the hug, forgetting about the bruise as a whole.

Until they saw a flash.

Zak looked back to see the others giggling and seeing Arran with his phone out, grinning.

"UHH, DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW WHAT PRIVACY IS?" Zak yelled.

He quickly pulled Darryl back on his feet, and led him to their room.

He locked it so the others couldn't get in and heard them giggling outside the door.

He scoffed and went back to Darryl, who was sitting on the bed.

"Stupid Idots." Zak said as he sat next to Darryl.

Darryl giggled and looked at Zak.

"Uhm..." Darryl said, nervously.

"What's up?" Zak said

"Are we ever going to talk about last night?" Darryl asked, nervously.

Zak paused at this and looked down.

He didn't want to, so he stayed with his original plan.

"W-What happened last night? I only remember when I fell asleep.." Zak lied.

Darryl's smile quickly turned into a frown. He paused at this, having a wave of sadness brush over him.

Zak noticed this and instantly regretted his words.

"O-oh..." Darryl said.

"I didn't do or say anything bad, did I?" Zak lied.

"No ! Of course not, I meant uh.." Darryl said, quickly trying to make up an excuse.
"About the question I asked, I meant about your answer"

Zak regretted saying that even more when Darryl used that excuse. He would've rather talked about their relationship than about Zak's own past relationships. But he was already lost in his lies.

"It's not important.. Can you just forget I told you..?" Zak asked

Darryl felt even worse. He knew he should've just asked Zak about their relationship instead of losing all the progress they made.

Once he felt like he was finally understanding Zak... Zak pushed him away.

It was like, in one flash, everything Darryl worked for. Everything Darryl tried. Everything was gone.

It just took one flash.

_____________________________________

-End of  chapter 18-
-Time taken : 1 hour-

-961 words-

Thank you for reading <3