Chapter 4 - Pancakes

The Next Day.

Zak wakes up to the sun hitting his face. At first he is confused by the unfamiliar room until he looks to his side to see Darryl sleeping.

He looks so peaceful. Zak thinks.

Zak eventually gets up from the bed and heads to the living room seeing Lucy.

"Hi Lucyy! Oh aren't you so cutee" Zak says petting the small dog.

Zak sits on the couch, accompanied by Lucy lying next to him. Zak looks at his phone to see messages from Arran and George. They were freaking out because they couldn't find Zak at home.

Texting Arran:

"Zak, hey I'm sorry about the whole thing at your house and I think we need to talk..."

"Zak, are you mad at me? You haven't replied..?"

"ZAK. I'm getting worried pls answer!"

"Zak. I've called you about 15 times, are you okay?"

"I'm coming over with George."

Texting George:

"Hey Zak. Arran told me everything. Pls tell us if anything is wrong."

"We're heading over, pls unlock the door for us."

"Zak we've knocked 5 times, are you asleep?"

"Zak, you're not that much of a heavy sleeper, answer."

"We opened the door, where are you?"

"Zak you probably won't open this but we love you and we are freaking out because we don't know where you are..pls answer soon. We care about you so much and we know that you had a breakdown recently but that doesn't mean you should run away. You would never leave Rocco by himself so send location pls."

"Zak... we love you dearly. Come home when you're ready. We'll be at the house taking care of Rocco. Rocco misses you too. He took one of your hoodies to his bed and now he takes it everywhere. Just know we are here for you, literally. <3"

Jeez, I haven't been gone that long. Zak thinks as he looks at the time.

Zak replies

"Hey."
Location sent.

Zak puts his phone on the couch and turns on the tv.

Eventually Darryl wakes up to see Zak cuddling with Lucy.

"Good morning sleepy head !" Zak says

"Morning.." Darryl says rubbing his eyes

"Oh yeah by the way, my friends were freaking out so I sent them my location, so they might come right now."

Darryl smiles and replies:

"That's fine...have you eaten yet?" Darryl says heading to the kitchen.

"Noo, not yet... I uhm, don't really know how to cook"

"Really? Want me to show you how to make pancakes?"

Zak's eyes light up as he gets up and walks to the kitchen

"YESSS !"

Darryl smiles as he starts getting the ingredients out.

They start making the pancake batter. Zak being the chaos of this and Darryl being the calm one. Zak throws in the eggs realizing he got shells in there accidentally. Darryl takes out the shells and giggles at Zak. Darryl has Zak stir the batter until he stirs it messily.