My moonlight

Vote, Comment, Follow! Love ya! ❤️

Madeline's POV:

I moved Bea and held Esme as her head was burning up. She said she was in pain, I didn't want a guard to see her because they would drag her to the royals first. My head started spinning and Bea clung to my dress so she wouldn't get lost in the crowd of people. I screamed at the same time a powerful growl erupted from someone and I hit the ground. I was covered by poofy dresses and Bea hugged me as I cried in pain. She shushed me and kissed my face to calm me down.

This can't be happening. I didn't know having a mate would hurt this bad, I thought it was a simple smell and a little dizziness, but this hurts. I'm burning inside my head and heart. I feel like my other half was ripped away and now I need it. I need it, it's hard to breathe without it. I can't think without it.

Everything was foggy and hazy, I couldn't see clearly. I see multiple colors of dresses and a body on the ground beside me trying to check on me. Another growl was heard and I whimpered at it soothing some aching in my body. I can't concentrate, so I clung to Bea as she cried.

"Look at me." Esme grabbed my chin and my watery eyes met hers when I got a hold of myself. She rubbed my back and told me to take breaths.

When I used to have panic attacks she used to do this for me, she would help me distract my mind from the pain. I would tell her the colors of things and different answers to questions. My mom drove me to have them and when she did they were bad, I went to the doctor once because I completely forgot how to breathe and they had to resuscitate me. My mother was so frightened that she killed one of the vampire's blood bag so she hurried me to the hospital.

It's illegal to kill a human without cause. It's punishable to death by the council. The council is the most evil of them all. They figure out punishments for everyone and sometimes people die from their harsh punishments. It's rare for them to even make it.
Humans are needed for food, if you kill us you lose a client. They have to force humans to breed with each other after the age of nineteen when we don't have mates, I have a child so I wouldn't have to. Bea gives blood every so often.

It's the rules.

"The King has found his mate, the guards are closing in on everyone hurting. We need to go." Esme said and I nodded and got up. I looked at the guards pushing and shoving people. They are grabbing the women that's crying in pain and Lord Leander is behind them sniffing. I was panicking incase one of us is his mate.

Lord Leander is powerful. He's an immortal wolf, beta. He's the Alpha King's best friend and right hand. Everyone knows that.

"This way." I grabbed Bea and pushed through the crowed while holding Esme's hand.
It's illegal to run but we have to. We can't have mates, we just can't . We could be in so much trouble, but I'll rather risk it rather than give up.

I looked around and stopped when I seen the exit doors closed with guards there. I almost swore and I looked around. I winced and yelped as the pain was getting worse. Esme cried more and I turned to wipe her tears. As soon as I turned I bumped into a hard chest, I froze and slowly looked up.

"L-Lord Leander." I bowed and turned to see Esme staring at him with dazed eyes. I silently cried knowing the running was over. He stared into her soul it seemed and he moved me and went to Esme. Esme cried and hurried away from him and hid behind me and Bea. Leander growled at that and I cried in pain and in fear.

People bowed from his powerful aura, but it didn't affect me. I could care less, I felt myself standing up to him even when I didn't want to. I wasn't cooperating. He wasn't as powerful as I thought, but somehow everyone's head is bowing. Even Bea's for some reason. Leander bared his teeth at me and I stepped back protecting Bea and Esme. Esme grabbed Bea and that made him growl louder before grabbing me.