The Finale Before The Final

"How many people are coming??" Caroline said quickly down the phone. "That's enough for now. Thank you" She hung up quickly.

"You think this is still a good idea. With the whole Jenna thing" Damon muttered from across the table.

"Its Elena's-would be- 21st birthday. She's not missing out on a party"

"Damon please don't blind fold me. Its not fair. I want to see the journey" Elena made excuses for the whole ride. The journey took about 30 minutes until Damon finally pulled up beside the old church. It was decorated from top to bottom on the inside with party sprinklers, banners and old photos. Finally she was being walked into the room with the blind fold off.

"SURPRISE!" Everybody cheered as Elena walked in. She looked astonished by the sight. There were about a 100 of her closest friends and family as well as some college friends. She smiled. Through all of the problems, Caroline could still arrange a smashing party, she laughed to herself.

"Damon" Elena shouted. There were only few left at the party but the music still blared on "Damon!" she shouted again.  "Damon, where's Stefan?" She asked. Through all of the greetings of old friends and all of the hellos and goodbyes of people she had forgotten about dear old Stefan. And after 2 bottles of champagne, she had forgot ton almost everything. Almost...

"I haven't seen him all night. I presumed he might be with Caroline but 10 minutes ago she was outside gathering up the wrapping paper" Both Damon and Elena laughed but that was cut short by Elena's thoughts.

"Damon this isn't good. Stefan wouldn't miss this for the world. One he loves parties and two...well its me. Jenna didn't make an appearance either"

"We need to find him" Is all Damon said.

Elena and Damon drove home as quick as possible. Caroline following behind. They had sent Bonnie to do a spell but he seemed to have a cloaking spell over him. They approached the boarding house in a matter of minutes. Damon ran in with Elena following quickly behind. The trace of Stefan had lead them back here. Elena searched downstairs frantically as Damon searched upstairs.

"Damon Help Me!" He recognised his brothers voice and made a run downstairs. "Jenna's got me locked in the basement. Help" Damon ran as fast as he could until he got to the basement. He looked around slowly.

Elena was turned the corridor until she was near the front door. Suddenly she heard some noise. A familiar voice. Stefan's voice.

"Elena Help Me!" The voice echoed. "Jenna's got me trapped out here. Help"

Elena followed the noise until she was standing alone outside. Caroline had gone and the dark gloomy air made a shiver go down Elena's spine. She looked around quietly until she heard a branch snap.

Damon looked in every cage. All were empty. He turned to get out, sensing something was wrong. But as he done so, he was pulled aback by a figure and injected with liquid. The last thing he was able to say was the word, Vervain.

Something touched Elena's shoulder which made her jump. But she sighed a breath of relief as she turned to see Caroline.

"Elena what are you doing out here?" Caroline asked.

"I heard Stefan. He's out here somewhere" Elena rushed around frantically.

"Elena listen to me" Elena stopped, "Where's Damon?"

"Isn't he with you?" Elena's face changed.

"He sent me looking for you when he..."

"Caroline when he what?"

"He heard Stefan too but he said he was in the basement. He sent me to tell you. Elena something's not right here" And that's when the first bang went off.

Elena and Caroline were sent aback. Elena hit the tree with a thud but somehow still managed to make her way to her feet. She rushed for Caroline and pulled out the branch which was fixed in her stomach. And that's when she saw it. The flames, The orange flames that were over towering the boarding house. She ran closer to it with full speed until she was pulled back.

"Let me go!" She screamed at Enzo "Let me go!"

"You cant go in there!" He screamed back at her. 

"It was a trap. It was all a trap!" She repeated over and over.

"Elena what do you mean?" Caroline said rushing to her side.

"He's working with her,Caroline!" Elena shouted, "Stefan's working with Jenna. He tricked us. His brother and me. He wouldn't do that?"

"Unless he didn't care" Enzo finished for her.

"he sent you here knowing it would keep you away from Damon." Suddenly the thought hit Elena. Damon got sent to the basement. In the boarding house. Damon's in the-

"DAMON!"

"See what you can do with me by your side" Jenna smiled to her partner beside her. But he didn't answer. His eyes were fixed on the burning building.

"Stefan, did you leave some old business in the building, that you want to retrieve" She said in a patronising voice. Suddenly his breathing changed back to his normal speed as he spoke,

"Nothing that I want or need" He took her hand, "Me and You we are going to rule this world"