Finding Stefan

Caroline's POV:
"Maybe we should umm wait a while or I should go alone. It might be hard for him seeing as your like Elena and Damon and he hasn't seem you for so long" I said beating around the bush.
"I bet he will be glad to see us, Stefan's always felt happy to see us" Elena said happily jumping out of the parked car.
"You" Damon corrected. The tension between them too floated in the air. No one knew what happened the night before but them.
"Us" she grunted back before adding, "Caroline, what's going on?" I bit my nails. And I was so tempted to say something but I held back.
"The truth is, you all know how I felt about Stefan before everything happened. I know it sounds stupid but I kinda want to be the first to see him. Is it alright" I lied. But they believed me and nodded me on.

As I strides through the long grass and muddy flooring, I felt at my lowest point and was just wishing to God that Enzo could be here. He would shake it out of him. I would have a lot on my hands in a minute and I knew that for sure. A emotionless ripper all by myself. But suddenly I tripped and fell onto something soft.
"Caroline?" Said a deep and gritted voice.
"Stefan"

"Why are you here?" He asked me barely able to sit up.
"To help you. Don't act the dumb with me. I know you more than anyone when your like this" I Said sitting opposite him. I heard the car grunt so I knew we could talk privately "like a ripper"
Stefan sighed, "I'm not a ripper Caroline. Being caved in a body which didn't feed me for 2 years sucks you know. You kinda need food from the vein. I wouldn't ever turn ripper again after the last time. If you know me, you know it's true" He smiled and I felt his emotion, then I realised Bonnies vision had been compromised.
She told me he was in the north of the woods but he was in the south, that's why I tripped. Her vision said that he was a ripper covered in not his blood. There was no blood on him and he knew everything. "I have to go Stefan. Back to the car" I whispered.
I started to walk away when I heard "Caroline?"
"Yeah" I said in a high pitched sweet voice.
"I missed you....a lot"

***Elena's POV***
"Whats taking so long" I said breaking the what seemed like forever silence.
"I guess you want Stefan back and quickly. Maybe so you can confess your dying love for him" Damon grunted sarcastically.
"You know that was just a dream! When one doppelgänger is in distress the other has a long line of romantic dreams. You know how it works Damon!" I shouted back at him.
"Well maybe fate is right isn't it? Obviously the universe wants you and my brother together. Why don't you just ditch this mission and run off into the sunset" Damon joked.
"Ditch this mission? You think I'm in this mission to get Stefan back. Your so unbelievable! Remember she's my daughter too Damon! I want her back as much as you do"
"I guess Stefan was just an added bonus" Damon said quietly but loud enough for me to hear.
"What's wrong with us Damon? I feel as if the only reason we are together is because of Jenna" I said calmer before sinking in my seat.
"I feel it too. Do we even love each other anymore?" Damon said sadly. Before sinking back too.
"We do, just too much for it to last. If we get- I mean when we get Jenna back, I'm going to move out" I said and I felt a tear roll down my face.
"I love you Elena"
"I love you too Damon"

Suddenly after what seemed like hours of waiting I climbed out of the car. "Where you going?" Damon said.
"I've been waiting too long" I said running through the woods until I could see Caroline's golden blond hair. Damon was by my side in seconds. "Stefan" I said running to him and trying to hug him but he stood up swiftly and quickly. Then I felt get piercing pain as his hand entered my chest and touched my still beating heart.