Sadness- Present Time

Damon's POV:
Elena sat on the floor in bits. I paced the room. And Caroline called Stefan over a thousand times. She didn't talk, She hardly blinked. But all Elena done was stare outside the window. I sat next to her on the floor and stared into her eyes.
"Elena, you need to drink some water or something. Your so pale" I said to her passing my glass of water to her but she pushed it away. "Maybe I can do some spell to find him. Bonnie can. Wheres Bonnie" Elena said looking around the room but she wasn't there.
"Elena, Bonnie doesn't have magic anymore remember" I answered stroking her hair.
"Well then we will find another witch, but he might have a spell put on him so we can't track him. We could track Jenna, but if he put a spell on himself it's likely he will put it on her too. Maybe if we run we can trace his steps. She can't run fast so maybe we can find her. Or he's got her in his arms." She's rambled on for 5 minutes about ways to find her. No one had the heart to tell her he's gone.
"We've got to find her" Elena said with tears falling down her eyes. I buried her head in my chest and whispered "we will darling, I promise"

"So if we are going to find her we have to find him. But how?" Caroline said looking around the room. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks and held up a note. She read it aloud.
"Let's make this a bit funnier. If you can find her in the next 2 months then I won't turn her but if you don't I will. First clue is something difficult, it's somewhere where me and Elena used to go, before Damon made a show. We always used to smile when we were here and this is where your second clue will appear"
"We used to go everywhere. But before I liked you, somewhere I was happy" Elena said pacing the room.
"Are we really going to let him play us like this. We don't need to follow the clues" Caroline said staring at the paper.
"And let my daughter get turned. No way." I sneered.
"Wait! Somewhere we used to to. Before Damon and me. Where I used to be happy-" she started and then I finished it and we both smiled at each other.
"The Lake House"