Clue 2- Delena Love

A/N:
Hello before I start the story if you are enjoying this one please check out my other one I just started called 'The Other Brother'. It's a bit hard at first and a bit boring but I promise you it will get better and if you love cute Elena and Damon moments that's the one to read. Thanks x

*****************************************************************
Damon's POV:
"So which well?" I asked pacing the room. My eyes never connected with Elena as I asked Caroline the questions.
"I have no clue. There's one nearby and I'm guessing it would be. As it said 'I'm close'. So it could be the one near the graveyard?" Caroline asked pacing her fingers through her silky hair.
"We will have to try" Elena answered.
We jumped in the car and no one spoke. It was like a bomb had just gone off and everyone was too shocked to speak. As I was driving I looked in the mirror behind at Elena who was in the back with caroline. Our eyes connected. I could see the hurt in her eyes as I looked away and I felt instantly bad. But her silky brown hair, her olive skin and her rounded lips just reminded me of the girl who's missing, and I didn't need that right now.

When we got to the well, we all stood around it staring. It seemed impossible as I removed the lid and saw how far down it was. Vampires can jump, but if we fall into water it's harder to get back up. "I'll go in check" I said removing my shoes and jacket but Elena held her hand back. "No you won't, I will" she said taking off her heels.
"Is this about the stupid argument?" I asked half shouting.
"Well it's funny that your actually looking at me now. Yesterday you couldn't ever tell me to stay and look me in the eyes" she shouted.
"Oi! Come on. The faster we get this. The faster we get to your daughter" Caroline said holding Elena back and signalling me to go in. There was a wooden cranky ladder and I climbed down it. Around me smelt to familiar but as I tried to get the next step I fell right in. The burning sensation gathered my body and as I looked at my arms it was like id been in a fire. I screamed out in pain.
"Damon! Are you alright?" Elena shouted for above me. I managed to make out one word before passing out. "Vervain"

Elena's POV:
The noise was defending and it made my whole body curl up. The noise made me panic and I hadn't heard it since the night Jena was taken away. It was half a growl and half a scream. I shouted down to Damon "Damon! are you alright?" The next words made me shiver as he said "vervain". My feet trembled as I removed my heels once again. I threw my leather jacket to the floor and muttered "let's do this"

"I don't care!" I shouted at caroline as she held me back from the well, "he's my husband!" I finally got out of her grip and climbed for the well. I heard brief mumbling coming from caroline but I ignored it. As I climbed down the steps I counted the number that damon counted and missed the one he fell at. I grabbed the rope but it wouldn't stretch down that far. As I walked down further the steps were touching the water but Damon wasn't in sight. I gave in to the gush of the water and I fell back into it. The pain was terrible but not like it used to. It was a burning sensation but then it relaxed, like having blood being drank from you. I swam around but there was no sign. I ducked my head under and felt a stinging pain in my eyes. I saw one soft hand hanging out of the water and I grabbed hold of it pulling it near me. I could feel my body shutting down as I tried pulling him but he wouldn't move. The vervain was finally taking over. But as I looked at Damon his hand was attached to the wall next to a wooden box. He had chained himself to the wall next to the next clue "You Genius" I muttered unchaining him and stepping onto the ladder. I laid him in my arms and hugged his unconscious body as I jumped out with all my strength. The last thing I remember is passing out, hand in hand with Damon.

"Hi" I said knocking on a weak Damon's door. He was staring out of the big window in the corner. His eyes were watery and his skin was still red and patchy from the vervain.
"Hi" he muttered with his head to the floor "Thank You, for getting in to the vervain to save me. You could of got seriously hurt" he added picking at his fingers.
"Your welcome. I wouldn't leave you in there. At least I found out that hybrids can fight vervain for a little longer" I said with a slight laugh still shocked at the fact that I was a hybrid. I heard a small laugh come from the suddenly shy boy. Everything over took me as I vamp sped to in front of him. I could feel his breath on my lips and I could hear his heart beating half as fast as it should from inside him. I lifted his rough chin till his eyes met mine.
"You've got to show me some affection Damon. Or I'm out of here-" I said cutting short "for good" I added and I saw the hurt in his eyes.
"I- I can't" he whispered looking me in the eyes, a tear rolled down his face.
"I'm gone Damon. I'm not going to stay. I will help you find Jenna then I will take her and leave. If a break is what you want I'll give you a life long one" I said angrily as I dropped his chin into its normal position. I viciously turned around but I was stopped by the voice more confident and sexy "elena". I turned around and he vamp sped over to me until we were millimetres away. His lips collided with mine in a passionate way making me tremble where i was standing. All the love and passion I felt over the past days came into that very kiss. He threw me onto the bed. And around me it seemed like nothing had happened. It felt wrong to be doing this while our daughter was gone but it felt right. Suddenly it was just me and Damon. Damon and Elena.