Recovering

Elena Gilbert:
As my eyes fluttered open I was met with the glance of the blue eyed boy. I smiled as he smiled at me moving my hair away from my face. "How you feeling?" Damon said. This was the first time I had been awake since the accident and I was in bad pain.
"Like I had just nearly had my heart ripped out" I answered with all my breath that I seemed to make out. He laughed. "How's Stefan"
"He's, let's say, fine. He's as far away from you, if that's what your checking" Damon said with a small smile.
"It's not!" I shouted slightly "I care about him Damon, even if you don't like it" I was angry at him now suddenly.
"Elena, let's not get to this again. We have broken up, we're not together-" he started but he was cut off by a high pitched noise.
"You broke up?"

"Caroline, you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Not everyone knows and telling Jeremy and everyone will just bring up so much trouble" I said sitting upright.
"Trouble?! You and Damon are trouble, together or apart. But your better together" She shouted at me as she heard the door click from Damon leaving.
"Sometimes people don't work out. Me and Damon is like fire meeting fire and that just makes....well more fire. We are just a bomb waiting to explode" I answered bitterly.
"I don't control you Elena but the thing is...I don't know but I used to think Stefan was your one true love, but then the wedding and Jenna and I realise maybe the universe is sometimes wrong, maybe doppelgängers' aren't meant to be. Maybe older brothers are" she laughed and I felt myself laugh but I couldn't say anything. The only words I let out were "I need Stefan"

"So your okay like this?" I asked Stefan who was walking around the woods with me.
He smiled, "yeah, he compelled me to think of you as evil, I don't know how but he did. I guess it's not really triggered but if it does, I advice you to run left" he laughed.
"Left?" I smiled.
"Don't ask. Caroline kind of mentioned something to me about you and Damon. Are you two okay?"
"Don't ask, Stefan. Don't ask" sudden,y I felt a tear roll down my face, "without Jenna, we were nothing. We were two strangers fighting for a thing they both love. Jenna was the glue holding us together, without her we fell apart"
"I'm sorry, Elena" I saw a secret smile in his face.
"Please say that without smiling, sometimes I think I just need a break from all Salvatore's. You guys make me so angry" I reeled off with all emotions in this one conversation.
"Elena!" He shouted at me as the veins appeared under his eyes and his fangs appeared. I screamed and ran but everywhere I ran he followed. "I can't control it!" He shouted.
"One side of you sees me normally and one side sees me like I'm an evil witch. Maybe if we overpower the evil side I'll be able to control it" I said before running towards Stefan and trying to calm it down.
"It's not working Elena. In about 10 seconds I'm going to rip your throat out. And this time you don't have Damon here to snap my neck" suddenly everything overcome me as I grabbed his face and kissed him gently. Suddenly I felt his arms tense and the fear I felt left. But the kiss didn't end, I got controlled in the past. All the kisses from years ago, all the love I felt. All the love I still feel. As I leant out I saw his expression has changed it was smiling and guilty. "I guess that worked."
"Stefan, that was-"
"A mistake. I know. Don't worry I won't tell Damon. I'll see you around elena"
I leant back on a tree and sighed then I realised that Katherine was right all alone. You can love them both. And I do.