Counting Our Stars

Elena's POV:
The wind gushed through my hair coming through the open window. I sighed as once again I woke up alone. But I shouldn't be alone. I was with Damon and now he was gone, there was no smell of cooking pancakes, no stench of boiled coffee. Nothing. I walked around the room and looked into his wardrobe snd the sight I saw made me shiver. It was empty.

I stumbled to my phone still half asleep. I scrolled through the contacts until I saw the name 'Damon' in blocked writing. The picture was us at a photo booth and I smiled at it.
'Hello' I said as he answered the phone 'Damon! Where are you?' I shouted.
'Don't panic okay but I went to the next clue with Bonnie. I didn't let you read the clue because it said that we needed to fight for the next one. I'm guessing it's a vampire fight and I'm guessing it won't be old stefan with Jenna at this clue. I want you to go to Matts and hide. Don't let anyone in and Caroline will be there soon. I'm sorry baby, but I couldn't risk losing you too' he said the lasts words and hang up. My body rushed with anger as I pulled my stuff into my bag. 'He must be stupid if he thinks I'm giving up that easily' I said to herself before jumping in car.

I had no idea where they were but I knew who would. The person who read the message first. Caroline.
"Caroline" I said walking into Matts house where she was waiting. I threw my overnight bag on the couch as I said the next words "Damon and Bonnie. Where are they?" I shouted at her as she sipped her cup of coffee.
"I have no clue what your talking about?" She said in her fake dumb blond voice.
"Caroline if this was your daughter and Klaus was going to find her. And I was the only one who knew where he was would you want me to tell you?" I asked leaning against the wall in a angry way.
She paused and opened her mouth but no words came out. Finally she made out the words "but it's not".
I ran to the other side of the house and tipped matts coffee that he was about to drink down the sink. I looked deep into his eyes and said 'Tell me where Damon is" at first he looked shocked. I thought vervain must of been within him but then he said "old creek house, New Orleans. You will never get there in time" the words rumbled through my head as I thought of New Orleans and whispered 'oh yes I will'. I scrambled to the door before Caroline's arm gabbed mine "that was out of order" she shouted. And I replied by wiggling my arm out of her grasp and saying the same thing I said the day before "He's my husband, I would do anything for him"

I parked my car in a deserted woods before changing my heels into some flats and put my bag on my shoulder. I ran as fast as I could knowing that in about half an hour of running I would be there. Through all the tiredness and all the out of breathless, I kept running. Finally the New Orleans sign made a sight and I slowed down as I walked into the area.
As I entered the quarter I realised that there was thousands of old buildings all called the old creek. Suddenly I realised I was lost and as I looked up I realised the journey had gone through the day and the dark has appeared. But there was something strange, something strange about the stars. They were in a line, following each other. And they seemed to spread apart above one building. I realised this wasn't a coincidence as I approached the building which was called 'The Original Old Creek' I smiled. "Damon Salvatore you have been screwed over by a Bennett witch" I laughed to myself entering the building.

Damon's POV:
"Where are we even going?" I asked Bonnie as we entered every room
"Most likely the basement. Vampires seem to gather there through time" she answered as I stepped down the stairs leading to the basement with her close behind. As I stepped down it was silent except a loud electrical device going on in the distance. I clicked the off button and focused my hearing but then another one went off in then the corner of the room. I ran over and switched it off. But soon enough a blender in the corner started going off. I didn't see a thing as I shooed Bonnie upstairs but soon a hand was placed over her mouth. My face dropped as I stared at the vampire who was wearing a mask over his face. There was something about his walk his deep accent that reminded me of someone but I couldn't pin a name to it. His voice seemed faked and crackly as he said "I'm guessing you don't remember me, Damon. You loved forgetting me" he said walking round in a circle still grasping Bonnie. I tried to move but he placed his other hand on Bonnies chin and lifted it up. "One more step and its bye bye Bennett" his words made me shiver as he said her name. "Who are you!" I shouted circling with him.
"Your worst nightmare" he laughed.
"Give me Bonnie and I'll give myself up" I said as Bonnie shook her head in distress. Suddenly I threw Bonnie to the ground and made a pass at the man. But he disappeared, I looked around the room but the familiar man had gone. Within a flash he pushed me to the ground and had a stake to my heart. I shut my eyes, thinking that death would be easier. And through it all Bonnie was still out cold from the fall. I cringed as I felt the stake itch my skin and I knew the end was approaching. But then the pressure released and as I opened the eyes I wasn't presented with the man anymore, it was a female face with curly long hair. "Elena" I said opening my eyes fully. She smiled and said,
"And you told me to hide"

Elena's POV:
"Who is he?" I said grabbing Damon's hand and helping him up. I pulled him into a hug as he whispered in my ear "my worst nightmare".
I pushed him back and looked him in the eyes and said "no way". But as I pushed the boy to the wall and removed his mask my suspicions were confirmed. "We need Caroline" I pulled out my phone and searched for her name;

Elena- We have a problem.
Caroline- What kind of problem?
Elena- An Enzo problem.

A/N:
Guess who's here😝 I'm so excited to add him to the story line as he's my favourite😘
Can you guys tell me what kind of story you want. Like do you want some more cute Delena scenes? Or do you want a chapter focusing on Klaroline? Or would you like to mix it up and have a little Carenzo affair? Let me know and I'll make it happen👫