Chapter 1

Oh how he was getting so sick of the blue rat who thought he knew all, so what he had super speed that didn’t mean he was invincible. He had an army of robots that multiplied when hit. He chuckled to himself watching as the teams of the freedom fighters worked together in sync. He continued to analyse them all knowing his androids needed some tinkering, he couldn’t wait to get his hands on the real emeralds which is why he planted a fake one, well it wasn’t entirely fake. He had found it on the Ark when they had visited the station. 

“Is that all you got, egghead?” Sonic cockily asked, as he knocked many eggbots back. The last thing he wanted to do was fight Eggman, not when he had just got word that Team Dark were returning home as they had cut ties with GUN and had decided to return to Mobius. Which meant Sonic was a little excited to see the one he had called lover, ever since the time when they returned to Mobius after leaving Chris. The two hedgehogs just connected with one another and they became official after saving Elise’s world and meeting Silver who basically lived in their time. He and Blaze returned now and then but preferred this dimension as theirs was basically erasing from existence. 

“No! Ha Ha! You don’t even want to see what I have in store for you, blue rat! Just you wait!” Dr Eggman chuckled as he pressed the big shiny red button right in front of him. 

The freedom fighters watched with horror as three giant robots standing at 100 feet tall emerged from the ocean below. Sonic was in absolute shock, just how did the doctor manage to hide them or work on them for that matter. He turned to see the faces of the others around him, those included Amy, Knuckles, Tails, Vector, Cream and Charmy. Others were either not around anymore, not taking part in their fights or busy. It was a surprise to see the guardian off his island but then again Amy could be very persuasive when she wanted to. Sonic only grinned looking back at his team.. They had this, he hoped. 

Sonic hoped he was right as one of the robots aimed their fist downwards right where they were standing, Sonic didn’t have a chance to react but thankfully his back was covered as something held up the robotic hand. 

“I heard you needed some help” 

Sonic looked up only to smile at the floating white hedgehog that he had come to see as a little lost brother. Silver the hedgehog.

“Me, I never need help” Sonic exclaimed, pointing at his chest only for him to be slapped up the head. 

“Accept the help when it’s needed” Knuckles said with a grin, dodging the swipe aiming for his head. 

“I can see things never changed while we were gone” A soft comforting voice had Sonic whipping around to see Blaze and Sally Acorn, the two smiling at him. 

“Oh how boring that would be” Charmy whined as they all dodged another robotic hand.

“Less talk, more fighting” Amy ordered. 

“Well, you heard the boss. Let’s not keep her waiting” Vector roared with laughter as he swung a smaller robot into the sky only to watch it smash to pieces. 

“Sally, where’s the rest of them?” Knuckles turned to his long-time friend. 

“Oh, they’re coming. Some of them had to take a detour” Sally winked as she worked together with Amy and Cream. Little Cheese was with Vanilla for the time being as the chao had hurt its wing so he was sleeping as the rabbit called it. 

“Sonic?” 

“Yes, Silver” 

“Fancy a race?” 

“Try to keep up” 

With that said, the two hedgehogs disappeared in a blurr working together to figure out a plan to destroy the robots. Knuckles could only shake his head at their childish behaviour.