Chapter 7

Back at HQ…

Sally was stressed, they had multiple tasks to do and Vector's argument with Jet wasn't helping the slightest.

"All I'm saying is, that there must have been a reason why he left? I'm not blaming anyone, your friend. The ninja must have left for a serious reason" Jet exclaimed, he licked his beak only making Vector glare at him. 

"What's to say the guardian over there didn't say something regretful and that's the reason for your so called ninja not returning?" Storm added to the argument. Vector shared a look with Knuckles who was gripping his fists.

"Boys! Enough! Just because Mighty left two hours ago to find Espio, doesn't mean you can talk about him behind his back!" Rouge tried to settle the argument. 

"Says who! If the ninja left, there must have been a reason. Maybe it was to get away from all of you, you're too pushy, I wouldn't want to be here all the time with your family pressure" Jet exclaimed, Vector took a step forward. 

"Who wants to be cuddled all the time! Not me! So maybe Espio left because he was sick of you all, ha!" Storm added, Wave only face palmed from beside Amy who rolled her eyes. 

"Hang on a minute are you saying what I think you are saying!" Vector got in the eagle's face, Storm sized up the crocodile who was blocking an upset Charmy, the bee thought it was his fault that his big brother had left them. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE!!?" 

Sonic's yell had all attention drawn to the hero in blue who stood in the doorway with the grumpy ultimate lifeform behind him. 

Vector and Storm immediately pulled away from one another while Jet wore a smug expression on his face as he leaned back into the wall beside a glaring Knuckles. 

"Sonic! Your back! Thank the universe!" Sally said with a smile, Sonic only nodded leading Shadow over to the computer. Shadow didn't really speak but he did take a seat when Sonic pressed him to. Rouge immediately moved over to her partner in crime, she moved slightly in his vision as the two silently communicated while Sonic explained what had just happened. When the said weapon was shown, Knuckles felt like finding the nearest dirt hole and digging his own grave. 

“Why’s everyone so doom and gloom?” Sonic turned to the room which had fallen silent when the weapon was pulled out into the open. It was a Shuriken.

“Well, Jet and Vector started an argument while Mighty went off to see if he could contact Espio to help search for Shadow’s brother when the two’s argument brought up the past and Queen Alena stormed out with Locke. It would seem the Shinobi Clan doesn’t sit right with Queen Alena and on top of that Jet made Charmy believe he was the reason Espio left…” 

“Get your filthy hands off me!” Jet’s shout had all heads turning in the hawk’s direction. 

“Shadow! Put him down!” Sonic scolded his mate who didn’t make a sound. The ultimate lifeform instead created a chaos flame in his hand and whispered something threatening in the Babylon Rogues direction. The three immediately froze up until Shadow walked away only to retake his seat beside Team Dark which included Omega, the robot was still erasing data but was online.

“Now, he won’t bother us” Shadow muttered, Sonic only shook his head as he connected eyes with Wave who nodded at the ultimate lifeform, Shadow didn’t recognise the symbol but he knew she had secretly asked for someone to put Jet and Storm in their places. Shadow was just happy to comply with the silent request. 

“Okay, back to the topic. Have any of you been able to contact Espio? Tikal?” Sonic turned to the female echidna who shook her head, she turned to Amy who sighed.