Chapter 3

Elsewhere…

Sonic tapped his foot for the hundredth time, he was worried, nope he was terrified. They had regrouped back at the chaotix place, deep in the forest. Sally had told everyone to go into hiding, as they were. Creatures out of nowhere appeared and started capturing mobians. So, they were trapped at the chaotix, it was huge but blended in perfectly with the overgrown nature surrounding it. 

"Where are they?" Sonic whispered to himself, Mighty had appeared yesterday night with an injured Ray and Vanilla. The two were grateful to be under one roof but worried for their other members. 

"Behind you" Silver joked, Sonic could only smile. 

"He will be okay" 

"I know, I just worry" 

"We both know that but I am worried too. I can't get out of my head what Omega meant by lifeforms, something just isn't right" Silver explained, patting Sonic's shoulder. The cobalt speedster nodded, he too was worried about what the robot meant. 

"HELP!" 

Both heroes whipped around to see Amy running towards them with Cream in her arms. Omega was behind them holding someone in his arms, it was Rouge, she was bleeding from her head. 

"Amy! What happened?" Sonic demanded. 

"Shadow distracted the enemy, we were running for safety when an alien knocked Rouge out of the sky. She and Knuckles hit the ground hard. Knuckles told us to run, so we did…he's back there…" Amy gasped out as Sally helped them into the house. Silver and Sonic shared a look as they took off with Blaze following. 

The three of them arrived on the scene only to see Knuckles defending himself against three creatures. Silver winced seeing the similarity of the creature with the ones back in his own dimension. 

"Blaze" 

"I know Silver, they are here" 

"By they, I hope you mean the creatures in front of us" Sonic exclaimed, Blaze nodded. 

"Sonic, these are the first wave of black arms, if we can't defeat them…" 

"Your world becomes our world" Sonic interrupted Blaze who nodded. 

"Let's try and prevent that. Blaze, what do we do?" Sonic turned to Blaze who frowned. 

A roar of pain interrupted them all as Knuckles was thrown aside and one of the creatures turned its attention on the open trees where a dark presence stood, floating watching the mobians. 

"Sonic the Hedgehog, never would I have thought to see you again" 

Sonic turned to see a smaller creature beside the larger ones, they were about the same size as them. A mobians in a sense, Sonic looked at the grey slash red alien, it had markings down its face and claws on its hands. 

"Do I know you?" Sonic teased. 

"Nope, but you're about to. The name is Eclipse and this is your end" Eclipse laughed, whistling into something that sent shivers down Sonic, Blaze and Silver's spines. Knuckles made his way to his feet appearing on Sonic's other side. 

Creatures from all around appeared to surround them. 

"I will give you a chance. Surrender your planet now or face the consequences" 

"Wow! How about I give you a deal instead" 

"I'm listening" 

"Leave Mobius or become extinct" Silver spoke, holding his head high.