Chapter 9

Past Memory…

Queen Alena smiled watching her triplets run around the cave of the crystal waterfall, it was a magical place, it was connected to the chao garden of the royal kingdoms. Her triplets were aged five and would be meeting a new friend today. Queen Alicia had got word that their best-friend had a new surprise for them all. 

“Mama, Manic, pushed Sally again” Sonia cried out, Alena could only sigh seeing that her youngest triplet had forcefully pushed Sally and then tried to blame Sonic, her oldest who was helping Sally.

“Manic, what have a I said about pushing and shoving” 

“Only push Sonic because he can handle it and pushing girls is bad” 

“Yes, now apologise to Sally” 

Watching her son run over and apologise to the squirrel made her smile when Sally hugged Manic and then punched him in return which Sonic suggested her do. Sonia only smiled from her place beside her mother and Sally’s mother. 

“Kids, why did we have them?” Alena’s good friend, almost sister, Alicia said in a teasing tone. 

“Mama, where’s Birdy?” Sally asked her mother, Alicia sighed looking at her watch. 

“She shouldn’t be long, remember it’s a longer journey for her. She lives deep in the mountains” Alicia said with a gentle smile, Sally could only grin as she helped Sonia find nice shells and tones from the waters. 

“I wonder what is keeping her, normally she is on time” Alena said, looking at the sun to tell the time, Sonic looked up with a grin as he and Manic rolled into the walls. 

“Boys, who would have them?” Alicia teased only for Alena to poke her side. The two continued their fun until the two felt a comfortable presence enter the place.

“Auntie!” 

“Birdy!” 

Alena and Alicia looked up only to smile seeing their best-friend, a female chameleon covered in jewellery and wearing a cloak. 

“Kids, please let her pass” Alena spoke calmly watching her triplets and Sally move aside allowing the bride to pass and come sit beside her friends. The kids soon followed and took a seat on the picnic blanket. 

“So! What’s the surprise birdy?!” Sonic asked, shoving his brother aside, Manic pouted leaving Sonia and Sally giggling at their craziness. Alena and Alicia shared a smile with the Bride who took a deep breath before she moved her cloak only for several gasps to leave many of their throats. As tucked against her chest was a tiny chameleon, she held the small creature close. 

“Wow! Who’s that?” Sonia asked, she moved to take a closer look when the small creature's golden eyes opened startling the kids, Sonic immediately moved to look when he gasped, seeing the black scales amongst the purple scales. 

“This is Espio, he is my son. He is about a year old” The Bride said with a gentle smile, she lifted Espio off her side and into her lap. Her son clung to her for warmth but once his mother had wrapped him up in his cloak, he managed to pull away slightly. 

“Woah! Can he do anything?” Manic asked, Sonia face-palmed, “He’s barely one, Manic” Alena corrected her son who nodded not fully understanding. 

“Espio can climb and walk but he is very small, he prefers a carry” The bride spoke in a gentle tone as she kissed Espio’s head, her son blinking at the mobian’s in front of him.