17

Chapter 17: Tomorrow can wait

Klaus

The art of kissing is something that he has always found rather fascinating. When he was human the aspect of kissing someone was special, it held promise, promise for more in the future. Back then he was a bubbling fool, afraid of his own shadow...afraid of himself. Mikael had been a nightmare tearing apart in bit of self esteem he bare to muster. But still Tatia had liked him, even with the awful long hair and non existent confidence. When he had kissed her that first time it had held promise. It was a promise of love.

When he became a vampire things had shifted dramatically. His confidence had grown. Though Mikael still terrified him to the core, he realized the effect he had on women and men alike. Everything move he made was part of the art of seduction. If kissing got him closer to his prize may that be a victory against his enemies, a pawn to use or the blood he craved it was just something to do.

Now though, the art of kissing, the art of seduction, all of it never really meant more to him then it does when he's with her. Of course like any other man he often likes to have his dessert first and then he'd go back to the main course. But today, tonight, right now all he wanted to do, was continue to kiss the beautiful woman before him, and let everything else happen naturally. He wants this moment to last, to be drawn out till they both go mad.

Mouth to mouth, hands fisted in her hair, he lets himself enjoy this moment. On her plush couch tiny hands push at his chest as he scoots back, and she follows bringing with her, the lush smell of vanilla and everything that is Bonnie Bennett. She's good, so good, so pure and she gets it, the art of kissing, the promise of more.

The sound of his phone comes to life blaring. The noise startles her enough for all movement to stop. Gone is the friction of her moving against him in his lap. Gone are her melting into his.

She freezes astride him, and pulls away with him following her. She's got him under her spell, tangled up in everything that she is without even trying.

"You should get that," She says suddenly taking flight. "It might be important." She says flustered. "It could be Hope, she might need you."

He gets up quickly the same words that she had uttered had been on the tip of his tongue to tell her as well. Stalking to his jacket, he pulls out his phone to see it's Elijah who's calling. Glaring at the phone he sets it back in his pocket Elijah could wait.

Turning round he spots Bonnie using a bit of magic to make the remains of dinner to be put away. Gone is the half eaten pizza. The mousse is now sitting on the counter in the kitchen. As well as the glasses of wine and bottle of tequila.

He inhales before walking up behind her, so she can feel his body heat. His fingers run down her shoulders as his nose runs along her neck.

Not for the first time he wonders how he found himself here, enthralled by this tiny witch, the same witch who tried to end him. He wants to say it's her power, or her beauty but really its her heart. He's never seen anyone love the way she loves, and her beauty and power just adds to the splendidly nice package.

Her head tilts to the side as his lips find a home on her lovely neck. "You didn't answer the phone." She moans out as he gets work to leaving his first of many marks of the night. He wants everyone to know that she is his.

"It was Elijah." He says as her body tenses at the mere mention of his brother.

She sucks in a breath. "He might need you, for original vampire business." Her voice sounding detached as her body tenses at the mention of Elijah. He knows from experience how much she could hold a grudge. He could relate he held grudges too. The difference between he and Bonnie was that she was willing to play nice, at least for Lucy, whereas he didn't play nice. Not with anyone who had done him wrong. Still though, he knew that the green eyed beauty would never forgive Elijah, that was why she never spoke to him.