World At War

Pacific Ocean

December 6 1941

The day before the presumed attack of the Japanese on the US Pacific Fleet in Pearl Harbor.

Many of the generals were a bit shocked since the information came from the Germans as they were being told what their plan is.

Nevertheless, they took this matter seriously since it will be a catastrophic loss of life if they were not on guard and there is going to be a public outrage.

Luckily, they were able to get an accurate date of the attack that would happen. Thus, the fleet was ready, along with other troops stationed in other islands and, of course Philippines which was heavily Garrisoned by the US and Pilipino Troops that were trained alongside numerous aircraft but they were unsure if the aircraft they are fielding is up to date.

Radar and Patrols were set up on other areas to detect any Japanese fleet that is going to attack their territory in the Pacific and to alert the fleet to be battle ready for the engagement.

............

December 7 1941

Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

Alarms were raised throughout the base, and soon, every single personnel were on their stations, ready to light up the sky

AA Stations were put up in various locations alongside Aircraft, ready to intercept the incoming Japanese fleet.

They were able to detect the fleet coming to attack Pearl Harbor, and with this information, they were able to be ready to their stations.

Not even mentioning the Fleet is now on move alongside other fleets in the Pacific , and the information was passed to almost all the military and the president himself who was woken up in his sleep.

Now their preparation were finished at 7:00 AM with the US Soldiers waiting for the Japanese to arrive and attack them.

Aircraft flew out of their airbase and began escorting the fleet with more on the way.

They see the Japanese aircraft that were about to attack them from afar, and they relayed the information via radio to everyone in the fleet and the base.

Japanese Pilots who were unaware and continued their approach were shocked when they were engaged by American Aircraft coming from above disrupting their formation but nevertheless continued to their objectives.

Even though  the American Aircraft Pilots were able to intercept many of the attacking Japanese aircraft, some still managed to get through, but they were handled by the American Fleet who sustained some minor damage that can be easily fixed.

The Japanese fleet, seeing their aircraft eliminated, retreated. Thus, the US won their first engagement with Imperial Japan.

After the victory in their battle, President Franklin D Roosevelt formally announced their declaration of war on Imperial Japan in public as well as informing them about the Japanese attack.

This was also known by the German Reich, who immediately condemned the Japanese due to their warcrimes in China.

........