Blitzkrieg

1939

German Reich, Western Front

After the Declaration of War of the Allies  against the Central Alliance a rapid mobilization started and large amounts of troops mainly from Colonies were being organized and Trained and to be send to France.

While the German Reich was already prepared thus launching its invasion of Netherlands and Belgium.

While the Netherlands was Overwhelmed by the German Army Belgium on the other hand managed to get the Allied Troops and started setting up Fortifications.

Meanwhile British Fighters in the air where struggling to keep up with the German Fighters thus leading to the Germans getting Air Superiority and started targeting Military Targets.

The Allies Hoped To Hold The German Army and Bogged them down and then convince the Soviet Union to Invade.

Completely Unaware that a large and Concentrated German Offensive in the Ardennes thus breaking through the Forest led by both Guderian and Erika.

The German Army then went on to encircle the best armies that the allies had.

It was a complete disaster, many French tried to hold the line to cover the English retreat.

But soon were overwhelmed and destroyed by the German Army who were also rushing to Paris.

Most of the Army that were used in the offensive were mainly Panzer Division supported either by Infantry and Motorized Division.

Thus leading to a quick breakthrough of any defenses that the French Had.

One such Panzer Division under the command of Erwin Rommel was famed due to it taking a lot of land from the french in a single day.

Thus it Gained the named of Ghost Division.

Meanwhile On Dunkirk all the English Troops trying to retreat were all getting killed by the German Ju 87 Stuka bombing the exposed Troops without stopping.

Soon The ships were also bombed and in just a few days The British army was annihilated in Dunkirk.

The Rest of the German Army then swept through Taking more land as the French retreated to the South and intended to get to their colonies.

With Paris about to be occupied and soon to be destroyed the French Government Surrendered to the German Reich.

But The Fight still not loss yet as a few ships managed to ferry the remaining loyal troops to Algeria.

Yet some were sunk by the Italian Navy and The German Luftwaffe presence in the Mediterranean.

Although the British Navy is safe due to its fleet either far away or in the safety of their Airforce.

Except for Scapaflow since most of the aircraft are being sent to the mainland but the British Didn't worry since the fleet they placed there are enough especially the Pride of their fleet HMS Hood.

.........