29 Remember Us

"Excuse us." Steve said to a man that opened the door. He put his hand up and stepped out of the way as we walked inside.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, this is Steve Rogers." Steve announced using the speaker's so everyone in S.H.I.E.L.D. Would hear. "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. Is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. And Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked when Steve finished.

"They're initiating launch." Hill told us.

———

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked as the three of us ran, I ran a bit slower with my side than was stabbed hurting a whole lot.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve said as Sam took out his wing's flying up as Steve and I jumped down where the plane's were.

I ran behind Steve as we were shot at but only hit Steve's Shield.
I slowed down a bit as we reached some cargo. I took out a couple of men before joining back with Steve just as he threw a grenade.

    "Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." We heard Sam say through the radio.

    "You okay?" Steve asked.

    "I'm not dead yet." Sam answered.

    "So I'll take that as a good thing." I say.

  "Alright, Cap, Barnes, I'm in." I heard Sam say.

We continued running, both of us defeating anyone coming at us, it took me a lot more effort though as the pain in my side grew with my new cut's and bruises.

    "Eight minutes." I heard Hill say.

    "Working on it." Steve answered as we ran inside. One of the helicarriers.

———

Steve swapped out the little targeting blades for one of ours.

    "Alpha lock." Steve said.

    "Two down, one to go." Hill announced.

     "Steve and I will get the last one." I tell her.

    "Charlie carrier is 45 degrees off the port bow." We heard two loud gunshots before she spoke again, "Six minutes."

    "Hey, Sam, gonna need a ride." Steve called as we ran avoiding the bullets.

    "Roger. Let me know when you two are ready." Sam said as I felt a pain grow in my right shoulder as a bullet hits.

    "I just did!" Steve yelled as we jumped off the helicarrier holding hands and falling fast.

Finally Sam reached us grabbing onto Steve's hand as he fly's us up and dropping us down on the last helicarrier.

    "You know, you two are a lot heavier than you look." Sam told us as the three of us walked.