66 Trouble

People looked at us as we passed.

"Here we are." Zemo said as we walked in a crowded building. "Ready to comply... Winter Soldier, Agent?" Zemo told us in Russian.

"Is that the Winter Soldier?" A man whispered in the crowd.

We walked up to the bar counter.

"Hello, gentlemen, lady." The bartender greeted walking up. "Wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger."

"His plans changed. We have business to do with Selby." Zemo told him.

"The usual?" The bartender asked Sam and he just gave a nod.
I watched as the bartender took out a snake and cut it open.

"Ah. Smiling tiger, your favorite." Zemo smiled at Sam. I looked away my and my eyes travelled around the room.

"I love these." Sam raised the small glass.

"Cheers, Comrade." Zemo smiled.

"Mmm." Sam says not wanting to drink it. "Mmm." He finally let the liquid finish the small glass and giving a thumbs up.

"I got word from on high." A man said to Zemo stepping up behind him. "You ain't welcome here."

"I have no business with the Power Broker, but if he insists, he can either come and talk to me..." Zemo just did to Bucky to me.

"New haircut?" The man asked Bucky. Bucky just give him a stare.

"Or bring Selby for a chat." Zemo told him the man look back at us before walking off.

"The Power Broker? really?" Bucky asked.

"Every kingdom needs its King. Let's just pray we stay under his radar." Zemo said.

"Do you know him?" Sam wondered.

"Only by reputation. In Madripoor he is judge, jury, and executioner." Zemo explained, then turned around to Bucky and me. "Winter Soldier." He said in Russian. "Attack."

Just as a man put his hand on Zemo's shoulder Bucky he grabbed him roughly, and walked forward before punching them into the ground people started filming as other men came to attack.
My eyes land on the phones. I focus on a woman and her phone exploded, not a deadly explosion but just there is no possible way to fix the phone, she jumped back with a scream and I did the same to the man beside her. Bucky effortlessly fought all the men that came at him.

"Didn't take much for him to fall back into form." Zemo whispered to us, it angered me, I knew how much Bucky didn't want to do this, I wanted to beat the shit out of Zemo but I restrained myself digging my nails into the palm of my hand.
I watch as he picked up a guy by the neck, slamming him against the counter.
I heard guns cocking as Bucky held the man there.

"Stay in character or the whole bar turns on us." Zemo whispered to Sam, Sam had his arm on Bucky's shoulder to pull him off. "Well done, Soldier." Zemo said in Russian.

"Selby will see you now." The bartender told us as Bucky slowly released the man.

"You okay?" I ask Bucky.
Bucky sharply exhales and gave me a nod.

———

We follow Zemo until we get into a room.

"You should know, Baron. People don't just come into my bar and make demands." A lady with short hair, sitting on a couch said.

"Not a demand. An offer." Zemo sat across from the lady, Selby.

"A lot has changed since you were here last." Selby told him, Bucky and I stood by the wall. "By the way, I thought you were rotting away in a German prison. How did you escape?"

"People like us always find a way, don't we? I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for." Zemo said.

"You're taller than I'd heard, Smiling Tiger." Selby pointed at Sam who by the couches. He gave her a nod and she purred. "What's the offer?"

"Tell us what you know about the Super-Soldier serum." Zemo walked over to Bucky and me. "And I give you him, along with the code words to control him, of course. He will do anything you want."

"What about her?" Selby pointed at me.

"We can throw her in, depends what you tell us." Zemo smiled.

"Now that's the Zemo I remember. I'm glad I decided not to kill you immediately." Selby smiled. "Yeah, you were right to come to me. Arrogant, but right." Zemo sat back down. "The Super-Soldier serum is here in Madripoor. Dr. Wilfred Nagel is the man you wanna thank. Or... condemn, depending on what side of this you're on. The Power Broker had him working on the serum, but... things didn't go as planned."

"Is Negel still in Madripoor?" Zemo asked.

"Oh. The bread crumbs you can have for free, but the bakery is gonna cost you, Baron." Selby stood up. "And before you get all cute, don't think you can find Nagel without me."

A phone vibrated, Sam pulled his out of his jacket.

"Answer it." Selby told him as Bucky and me walked behind her. "On speaker."
A guy carrying a gun walked close and Sam answered the phone.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey, um, we need to talk about this situation. It's been drivin' me nuts." The voice of Sarah, Sam's sister spoke.

"What situation exactly are you talkin' about?" Sam asked.

"Are you high?" She questioned. "You know what situation, it's the only situation me and you have." Sarah said as Selby walked around Bucky and me.

"What situation, Sarah? Say it?" Sam demanded.

"The damn boat. And watch your tone. Okay? I let you slide at the bank."

"The bank. Yeah. Laundered so much..." Sam chuckled. "Yeah, they'll come around."

"If that was the case, then why'd they dog you out, Big Time?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, you damn right I'm Big Time. You'll see when I have that banker killed." Sam smiled.

"CASS! What'd I tell you about the Cheerios? I don't have time for this! Sam I'm sorry. I'll call you back." Sarah hung up.

"Sam?" Selby questioned. "Who's Sam? Kill them!"

There was a gunshot from the window and Selby fell dead.

I grabbed the gun in the hands of the man closest to me and punched him in the face. I turned around to face the others.

"They're gonna pin this on us." Sam said.

"We have a real problem now, so leave your weapons and follow my lead." Zemo sighed.