35 Cradle

"I'll take Natasha, Clint and (Y/n)." Steve said grabbing his Shield.

"All right. Strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus. I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony said.

"If Ultron's really building a body..." Steve said.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us." Tony said, "An android designed by a Robot."

"You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was you." I say referring to Steve.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury asked putting his jacket on.

"She's all yours. Apparently." Tony said.

"What are you gonna do?" Steve asked.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Fury said walking off.

—————

I jump over the railing with Steve as Nat and Clint are in the jet.

    "Two minutes. Stay close." Steve says as we look out at the lab.

———

We run in everything was a reck for inside.

    "Dr. Cho!" Steve and I rushed over to the woman laying on the floor.

    "He's uploading himself into the body." Dr. Cho breathed.

    "Where?" I ask.
We start to get up but Cho grabs Steve's arm.

    "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." Cho weakly told us.

   "First, we have to find it." Steve said.

   "Go." Cho urged.

    "Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked as we got up.

    "We did." Clint answered.

    "I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him." Nat said,

    "There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap, Barnes. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab.I could take out the driver." Clint explained.

    "Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve said as we made it to the highway. We watch the truck approach before running to the other side and jumping off landing on top of it.

Steve rolls down to the back and grabs onto the door. Suddenly, it is shoot open and he swung back slammed against the side of the truck. He swings back, but just as he kicked back the doors are blasted off, and he shoots up into the air landing onto the door that now was being dragged to the side.

   "Well, he's definitely unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way." Steve said.

    "You're not a match for him, Cap." Clint responded.

    "Thanks, Barton." Steve panted.

     "Have faith." I say.

I watch as Ultron blasts the door off sending Steve back hiding the car behind. I stand up and

    "You know what's in that Cradle." Ultron flew up and shot at me but Steve jumped up just in time blocking the blast. "The power to make real change. And that terrifies you."

    "I wouldn't call it a comfort." Steve swung his Shield forward knocking Ultron back and in the air. Shooting at us. The moment he got back on the truck Steve kicked his Shield at him embedding it in his chest.