53 Time Travel

"Right." He turned back to us. "The whole time travel do-over? Eh, guys, it's outside of my area of expertise."

"Well you pulled this off." Nat referred to him. "I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too."

————

We were at the compound everything was ready Scott was in his suit. And Smart Hulk stood by the controls with me a little behind him. Scott walked in front of the truck with the Quantum tunnel.

"Okay, here we go. timed travel test number one. Scott, fire up... the uh... the van thing." Smart Hulk said, Scott walked over and opened the van doors.

"Breakers are set." Steve told us walking over. "Emergency generators are on standby."

"Good, because if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950s." Smart Hulk lowered his voice for the last bit.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked.

"He's kidding." Nat smiled. "You can't say things like that."

"It was just a bad joke." Smart Hulk stammered.

"You were kidding, right?" I asked as Scott walked back up to the van.

"I have no idea. We're talking about Time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Smart Hulk whispered. "We're good!" He gave Scott a thumbs up. "Get your helmet on. Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week... let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott said.

"Good luck, Scott." Steve told him. "You got this."

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott smiled and got sucked in.

"On a count of three... three, two, one." Smart Hulk counted.

The Machine whirs and Scott came back, only it wasn't Scott, It was a kid.

"Uh... guys?" Scott looked at the now large suit. "This doesn't feel right."

"What is this?" Steve asked.

"What's going on?" I looked at Smart Hulk.

"Who is that?" Nat wondered.

"Hold on." Smart Hulk said.

"Is that Scott?" Nat realized.

"Yes, it's Scott." The kid said.

He was sucked back in and soon reappeared.

"Oh, my back!" An old man rubbed his back.

"What is this?" I questioned Smart Hulk.

"Hold on a second." Smart Hulk flicked more switches. "Could I get a little space here?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Steve said as him, and I move out of the way.

"Can you bring him back?" I asked.

"I'm working on it." Smart Hulk, claimed.

Scott went back in and came out again only it was...

"It's a baby?" Steve looked down at the kid.

"It's Scott." Smart Hulk pointed.

"As a baby." Steve told him.

"He'll grow." Smart Hulk claimed.

"Bring Scott back!" I yell.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power." Smart Hulk instructs.

"Oh my God." Nat ground and she ran off to turn off power.

"And... kill it!" Smart Hulk shouted.

And Scott came back one last time, normal.

"Somebody peed my pants." Scott said.

"Oh, thank God." I breathed.

"But I don't know if it was baby me or old me. Or just me, me." Scott admitted.

"Time travel!" Smart Hulk yelled proudly. Steve turned around, shaking his head.

"What?" Smart Hulk asked. "I see this as an absolute win."

"I am not doing that." I tell him walking off after Steve.

———

We hear the squealing of tires as a black car comes speeding down the driveway, stopping right in front of us.

   "Why the long face?" Tony asked rolling down the window. "Let me guess, he turned into a baby."

    "Among other things, yeah." Steve nodded.

    "What are you doing here?" I asked.

    "It's the EPR Paradox." Tony stepped out of the car. "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up... pushing time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous. Somebody could have cautioned you against it."

    "You did." Steve said.

    "Oh, did I? Well, thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He lifted up his fist, showing what looks like a watch with no hands. "A fully functioning time-Space GPS. I just want peace. Turns out resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

    "Me, too." Steve told him.

    "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I got to tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to, at all costs. And maybe not die trying. Would be nice." Tony said.

    "Sounds like a deal." Steve stuck out his hand and Tony shook it.

Tony walked over to the trunk and opened it. He lifted up something underneath his Daughter's blanket and toy dog. He flipped to over revealing Steve's Shield.
Steve sighs as he looks at it.

    "Tony I don't know." Steve tells him.

    "Why?" Tony asks. "He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

Steve puts it on his arm. "Thank you, Tony."

   "Will you keep that a little quiet." Tony said. "Didn't bring one for the whole team."

    "I'm not jealous." I smile.

    "We are getting the whole team, yeah?" Tony wondered.

    "We're working on that right now." Steve said.

————

We got everyone together, Nebula and Rocket I came from space. Rocket and Smart Hulk got Thor, Nat got Clint.
Thor is different he had more in the front than before.

Clint stood in the centre of the platform that Tony made, the quantum tunnel /Time Machine.

    "All right, Clint. we're going in three, two... one." Smart Hulk counted and Clint was gone. "Three, two, one."

    "Lila!" Clint yelled as he came back.
We ran up to him.

    "Hey. Hey, look at me." Nat told him helping him up."You okay?"

    "Yeah. Yeah." Clint panted and held out a bace ball glove. "It worked. It worked." He tossed the glove to Tony.