EP13: DRUNKEN MISTAKE

Jungwon has always been a coward

Maybe that was also the reason why he never confessed to someone.

He was fine with how things were. He liked how things were. He never worried about it, but of course, someone had to break to him that his proclaimed peace wouldn't last forever.

Because Jongseong wasn't like that. Most obviously, he wasn't like that.

Of course, Jungwon knew what he felt. He wasn't an idiot.

He just didn't act on it, and he had actually planned on continuing to do so.

Sure, it wasn't the healthiest way to live for his heart when Jay was always glued to him or did things that made his heart skip a beat, but that had been his plan.

Because he knew the other wasn't sincere — or thought the other wasn't sincere and just playing around. But then again, they were married.

He would have to face him for the rest of his life. Status now: he would have to hide from him for the rest of his life.

Jungwon was sure of his feelings, but he wasn't of Jay's, though the boy had the habit of confessing to him by every given chance. It was confusing. It was frustrating, at least for him.

Because what if Jay wasn't serious? Jungwon would regret it. If Jay turned out to be someone different from what Jungwon knew, then what? If he realised his feelings would never be reciprocated, what was he supposed to do then?

He would prefer everything to stay the way it is right now.

"Why did you steal the poor assistant's room?" Sunoo's voice snapped the crown prince out of his staring battle with the wall.

"Where is he supposed to live now, huh?" The orange-red haired boy asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Jungwon merely looked at him and pointed to the mattress on the ground right next to the bed he was sitting on.

"Yah, you-" He closed his eyes to collect himself. They were best friends, but Jungwon was still a prince. "You can't be serious. Won-ah, how can you be like that to Heeseung?"

"He is fine with it," Jungwon answered, head against the headrest as he stared at the ceiling. He couldn't even do his paperwork properly anymore (though the papers were completely spread over Heeseung's bed).

"Just because he acts like it doesn't mean it's real," Sunoo blankly commented, pushing the boy's shoulder in an attempt to get life back into him. "People are able to act for the better and worse."

Jungwon's eyes lost their focus on the boy. Maybe he should make Heeseung change rooms with him, so Jay for sure wouldn't find him. Maybe he could change identity as wel- no, not that. Jay wouldn't like him anymore. But-