EP18: IGNORANCE OF A LOSER

He hated this building and every little detail that made it look so perfectly copy-pasted from his imagination because it reminded him again and again that this was all made by him alone

With a disdainful look towards it, Jay pulled the hood of his black cloak further down to hide his visual even more than before.

With a nudge of his head, he ordered Sunghoon to lead him. The guard, the same as him disguised in black, entered the tea house and showed the way to their private room.

Jay stopped midway. His gaze glued to the empty table in the corner. He felt an invisible tuck on his heart strings. This weird sense of relive to know Jungwon was fine and far away from this place.

Jay left it behind and immediately caught up with his guard.

He would be the villain he was supposed to be.

At least his provoked ego decided so.

No one, especially Yang Jungwon, would make him lose in this.

At least he wanted to think that.

Jungwon was his rival, the reason why all of this happened, nothing else.

Jay had to know only that.

"Your Highness," Ni-ki greeted as soon as Jay and Sunghoon had closed the door behind them.

Bowing to him, he and Jay sat down. As they locked eyes with each other, there was this weird emptiness in the prince's eyes, which looked so out of place.

"Give me the letter," Jay demanded from the young general, who immediately pulled a piece of paper out of his attire.

The prince took it immediately and opened it without any hesitation. He scanned briefly over the letter of the King of Eris. "Will deliver what I wanted?" He silently muttered while reading. "The crown prince's celeb—" Jay stopped at that sentence.

He looked at the date. "In three days."

Fear invaded him all of a sudden. How could he not notice that Jungwon's birthday was this close? That their end was this close?

He didn't even get the chance to talk to Jungwon because shitty Bambi was gatekeeping him, literally (once Heeseung even forced him to sleep in his own room instead of Jay's because of their reputation or rumours or some imaginary shit — They were freaking married, what do you mean reputati-)

All of it suddenly came crashing down on him again. He didn't know in which fantasy he lately seemed to have drowned, but his reality felt suddenly so unbearable, so false, so inevitable.

To be the villain and escape.

His hand crumbled unknowingly the corner of the paper. He tore his gaze from the paper and stuffed it into his pocket. The storyline. This was all he needed to think of. Just follow what you are supposed to follow. The rest wasn't important. Concentrate and don't be distracted.