EP23: PRINCE OF A KINGDOM

Waking up with his hand on the other side of the bed, feeling nothing but emptiness, was not necessarily the best experience Jay has had since his arrival here

He would even go so far as to call it a bad omen, considering this was the first thing he did when his misfortune here began.

His lovely misfortune, also known as his beloved husband, Yang Jungwon.

Jay only opened one eye to check his guess, his face still half buried in the pillow. "He really ran, huh?" Jungwon's half of the bed looked like he had left really early this time.

"You can't tell me he isn't scared of Heeseung," the screenwriter mumbled, sitting up. "Just imagine he would be that obedient to me. My life would be so much easier." He shook his head in vain. "Then again, it wouldn't be Jungwon, I guess."

He just had to think back to all the times Jungwon would tease him or would not let him breathe at all. It was his charm in some way that he was never scared of anyone... well until now, at least.

Apparently, Heeseung was an exception.

Maybe Jay had to think about this fact and its meaning again - by checking up on his husband (and on the way, catching a glimpse of his dolled up royal figure).

Making a royal ready for something as big as the 20th birthday celebration, much more if he were to be the next king, was a long process which would take hours. Today would set the last diamond on the crown for Jungwon to be king and the future ruler of Aris.

D-Day (part 2).

The last scene.

The death scene.

The boom-boom-pow scene as Jay had come to call it.

Playing it down didn't make creating it any less harmless. Much more by thinking that the screenwriter was the one to perform it.

Jay knew that. He also knew by now that he was shameless and worth of contempt for acting so innocent in front of Jungwon while having things like those back in his mind.

But in the end, he played the villain.

The villain, he was more than tired of playing.

Silently entering the dressing room, he found his tailor and dressing assistants waiting for him.

Putting a finger in front of his lips, he silenced all the people about to greet him. He shook his head and just sat down in a seat, his eyes focused on Jungwon's dressing room, well the curtain.

"But, your High—"

Jay glared at the poor dressing assistant just trying to do his job. "Just let me have one look at him so I can set my final look as well."