EP17: INCURABLE CASE OF DISEASE

Jay glanced at Sunghoon standing next to his side

Jay glanced at Sunghoon standing next to his side. The guard's gaze was sternly directed to the door and waiting.

The screenwriter took another glance at his surroundings. Everything was white, clean, lifeless and with no hint of personality. His sharp eyes travelled to the sickbed he was sitting on, how his legs were in a perfect right angle to the ground.

It felt weird, knowing he was going to be examined by someone his imagination created. Was it even trustworthy? He wasn't a doctor. He also had never researched in doctor stuff because he wasn't a fan of medical dramas and all the blood and things like that. Everything he knew had he acquired from Jake. So why did he allow Sunghoon to make an appointment?

Desperation.

Honestly, he was so clueless.

He just wanted answers, the right answers, and preferably the cure.

He just wanted to stop those little things that keep on distracting his mind from what he was actually here for.

He didn't want to be absent-minded or, worst case, empty minded whenever Jungwon was around him. He wanted to have control over his actions and feelings once again so he wouldn't just casually freeze or blush (he had to admit that this happened) because of Jungwon's insignificant gestures or actions towards him.

If he was honest, it felt like he was in university again.

Just this distress he felt because of Yang Jungwon.

Jungwon was Jay's distraction. The thing keeping his mind busy and away from the things he needed to do. Just Jungwon and everything he did was stressful for Jay in any way possible.

Sure, he had been forced to deal with it at some point. After all, his life went on even when his mind (and his heart) actually didn't at all.

But maybe this suppressed stress from all these years was, in the end, the cause of Jay's misery and his career's tragedy. At least that's his guess after having heard of a case of Jake's, which had been similar to him (in his opinion).

He really needed to find the cure to this. In fact, more than he needed to get out of here. Because even if he will have escaped, there will still be his reality and all the problems that alone Jungwon (the real one) was responsible for.

Now and then, it was always Jungwon's fault.

"Your Highness." A voice sounding strangely exactly like Jake's greeted as someone opened the door. Jay looked up to a royal physician resembling an old royal like version of his best friend and psychologist Jake. His eyes widened as he jumped up from the bed in shock.

For some reason, tears accumulated in his eyes at the sight. He was saved. Jake could finally tell him a proper solution. He was finally saved.  "Jake!" Without thinking, he ran to the physician and hugged him.