EP16: FICTIONAL REALITY

Before the second prince could even turn around, he felt a smaller body run into his back, holding him around his waist from behind

The familiarity of this gesture and this certain kind of feeling (also known as Jay's heart disease) caused him to know the boy's identity with such a certainty he didn't even need to check if their wedding ring was on his hand.

It was Jungwon.

His heart fastened to an usual pace with the unwilling flood of memory.

As he was walking down the university hallways, Jay froze on his place alarmingly when a figure ran into him and, a moment later, was hugging him from behind with their arms around his waist.

'What do you feel?' He had heard Jungwon's voice ask. 'Enemies to lovers,' he had added, implying that he had been working on a new script, causing the other to show his usual set of discomfort and irritation.

'Are you fucking kindding—'

'Quickly tell me,' Jungwon had cut him off, sounding rather amused by Jay's reaction. Jay just knew that the younger tried to supress his teasing smile.

'Let go of me, you—' Jay had attempted to tear Jungwon's hands apart so he would be freed but instead of letting go the younger's hold around his waist had only tightened.

'Research purposes,' Jungwon had interjected, 'be an admirable Sunbae and help me, Jay-Sunbae-nim.' He hadn't missed the teasing tone by adressing him formally for once.

'This shamless—' Jay's annoyance had been at its peak. Realising this pressuring feeling on his heart, it had been hate. He had hated it. That's why his heart had been beating that fast.

The blackhead then had spotted at the other end someone of their course. Out of reflex, he had instantly turned around and pulled Jungwon in the next open room, so no one would see them.

There was a simple reason for that: it was already enough going around about them, for example the old cheating allegation or new bizarre and unrealistic rumours like them in a secret relationship or even more nonsense to Jay flirting with eachother (They even had a fandom by now).

So, no need to spark people's imagination even more.

Scenes like this felt so real.

This version of Jungwon was just so similar to the real Jungwon and so different from the crown prince.

The screenwriter had noticed those details, the little things that didn't add up in his pattern of behaviour. Maybe they were just side effects from the forced changes the story had to suffer when Jay appeared in here and crashed the intro plot.

Yes, that seemed about reasonable.

"Hide me," Jungwon hurriedly mumbled into Jay's back with his cheek pressed against it. "He is on it again." Jungwon sounded ironically almost like he was horriefied.