EP10: SWEETNESS MAKES SOUR

Sweet

Sweet.

Sunghoon merely shook his head at the sight. "Was this necessary?" He looked at the second prince's concentrated self in the uniform of the royal kitchen staff.

Jay had forced the guard to find a way for him to enter the kitchen and that with the cooking environment completely empty.

All of the staff members had been practically kicked out (with money to spend exactly two hours away from the kitchen).

"It was," Jay answered nonchalantly. His full focus lay on the thing in his hands. He bent down, so his eyes were at the same height as the bowl on the counter. Slowly, he dipped the strawberry, which had been cut in a rose shape by him, into melted chocolate.

Jungwon's favourite.

At every festival, weekend market, or even the smallest occasion where they offered fruit dipped in chocolate, you would find Jungwon with all the strawberries the seller had.

He would be waiting impatiently in the line of people wanting to buy their food, praying in his mind that no one would buy the strawberries before him. And then the moment he had them, he would smile like the happiest cat on earth.

The way you would know what he had done before coming to the university library just by a look at the corners of his mouth.

Jay didn't realise he smiled while staring at the strawberries.

Leaving his creation in a bowl of ice with the other already finished strawberries, for the first time after an hour, he met Sunghoon's eyes. "You did it for your kingdom, so feel honoured and shut up about it." After he shot him a fake smile, he returned to his precious strawberries.

The guard sighed loudly before leaning against the counter. "Your wish is my demand," he said so over-enthusiastically that you just knew it was sarcasm. "Your glorious Highness."

With Jay's glance at him, he returned the fake smile. "Insane fool," Sunghoon grumbled under his breath, not expecting to be heard because he had been ignored for the last thirty minutes anyway.

"This insane fool called your prince could just pour this hot chocolate all over you, you know." Jay aimed with a freshly dipped strawberry at the male, threatening to throw it. "But then there would be less for the little prince, and we can't have that, so consider yourself lucky."

Locking their eyes, Sunghoon leaned towards him and sighed provocatively loudly. "I should show my unlimited gratitude-"

"By bringing me new chocolate. You are right, Hoon." Jay lifted the rose-strawberry in front of the guard's eyes. "Go already," he shooed him off.