EP25: BACKFIRED PLOT-TWIST

Jungwon looked in the mirror, observing his visual attentively

Jungwon looked in the mirror, observing his visual attentively. His eyes locked on the crown on his head. Every glimmering red diamond in the heavy gold.

"She arrived, Jungwon." Heeseung's words sounded almost distant, even though the assistant was standing right behind him, giving him a worried look. The crown prince didn't take his eyes off the crown and began to feel his body tensing.

"It's time, Crown Prince," the assistant said, causing Jungwon to walk out of the room without saying another word.

Following the edelweiss hallway, tinted in red by the setting sun, he caught sight of a figure
he knew better than anything else in the world.

His husband.

Jongseong was about to enter the ballroom, seemingly still talking to Sunghoon. Noticing that Jay's choice of clothes matched his perfectly, Jungwon had to keep in a smile.

A white, prince-like suit with gold details that gave him the perfect look of a royal worthy of being a king.

He planned to run and surprise him with a hug. He adjusted his crown and hair to look as good as he could (not that this wasn't already always the case for Jay when he looked at Jungwon) and straightened his clothes for the last time.

Just before he was about to take the first step, something sent a shiver down his spine. Someone took the crown of the crown prince, which only he was allowed to touch, from his head.

He froze, the words caught in his throat. Jay disappeared from his sight into the ballroom. He swallowed hard. Pulling himself together, he tried to contain his apathy before turning around.

His eyes immediately fell on the crown in these strange, yet all too familiar hands. "Jiwon." He faced the girl, feeling like he was looking at a different version of himself. "Yang Jiwon."

She put the crown on her head and smiled at him. "Don't you think I look pretty, my crown prince?"

Just hearing her talk made everything shudder inside. His dimples appeared due to the tension he was under. "You do." He forced to return the smile.

"Then why is it yours?"

He didn't answer.

Jiwon sighed, took the crown from her head, and placed it on Jungwon's head. She put his loosen hair strands neatly into place. "Wear it well tonight, my crown prince." Her hands came to rest on his broad shoulders. "I am sorry I didn't come to your wedding day, but I was busy in Eris."

"Eris?"

"Your husband's Eris, yes."

"You-" Jungwon was confused.