EP26: FATE OF A SUCCESSFUL VILLAIN

"Seong-ah

"Seong-ah."

Jay's head turned to Jungwon faster than his mind could acknowledge the call. The screenwriter could swear that he would always call Jungwon the most beautiful man he had ever seen.

His eyes moved from his handsome husband's face to his hand. Jungwon was asking him to dance. Jay's small smile suffocated. He took the younger man's hand but didn't follow as the crown prince wanted to lead him to dance.

Jungwon, being held back, frowned at the gesture. "Seong-ah?"

"Let's leave," Jay immediately suggested, a hint of urgency in his voice. He pulled Jungwon closer to him. "Leave with me."

"Seong-ah, I am the Crown Prince. I can't leave my own celebration just like that. Do you know what conse—"

Jay exhaled in frustration. "Jungwon-ah, trust me on this. Let's just leave," he said with a last, almost apologetic glance before trying to drag him out of the ballroom.

Jungwon managed to stop him right at the door, but he still couldn't get Jay to let go of him. "Seong-ah, what are you doing right now?" He took a deep breath and locked eyes with his husband. "You met Jiwon, didn't you? That's why you act like that, am I right?"

He knew it the moment he recognised this anxious look in Jay's eyes, the same look he had when Jungwon confronted him about the script.

Jay was afraid of losing him.

The screenwriter's lips formed a thin line. "Can't we just leave?" He asked, a forced smile on his lips. He was trying with all his might to contain peace where war was waging.

"Let's spend the evening in my room and read, hm?" He continued and gulped at Jungwon's critical look. "We can watch the firework safely from there through the huge windows. Doesn't that sound great?"

"Seong-ah."

"Let's leave, Jungwon-ah, hm?"

Jungwon sighed. "Didn't you say the story changed? What are you so scared of? You said nothing would happen, so why leave?"

"I... I know, I am sure, I am not scared," Jay quickly denied. "I just prefer to spend time alone with you," he reasoned, though his smile wasn't filled with this usual adoration but doubt and desperation. "You love it as well. It our thing. Just us two."

Jay took a look at the outside — twilight. The firework wasn't even half an hour away, and they were still standing in this damn ballroom (together with the potential villain/killer). "You know what? Let's go to the library. There is a new version of—"

Jay's eyes started to search for this horrible villain fake who was messing with him in this shit to see where things stand and how much time he had to get Jungwon out of here peacefully (in the worst case he would just carry him in his arms out of here.)