three

Gunshots fire

Gunshots fire. I turn around to see a bullet in my best friends head. He falls to the ground, dead.

I wake up screaming.

It was just a nightmare. Just a terrible dream.

I wash the sweat off my face in the bathroom sink. I look at myself in the mirror. I barely recognize myself. I'm not the same person I was a few months ago.

That's a good thing though.

I don't think the nightmares will ever go away though.

Knowing I am the reason my best friend is dead.

I was about to get raped and my friend, Isaac, fought them off of me. But it cost him his life. They shot him in his stomach a few times, then in his head.

I watched it all happen. And there was nothing I could do about it.

I take a quick shower and put my clothes on. I only have two more outfits I haven't wore. I need to get new clothes.

I grab my phone and text Vanessa.

Me: hey, it's victoria
Vanessa: hiii! i was wondering when you were going to text
Me: lol yeah, where did you want to meet?
Vanessa: i can pick you up at your place

I stare at that message for a while. I don't want her to know I live in a hotel.

Me: oh i'm already out so i thought we could just meet somewhere

A lie.

Vanessa: alright, coffee shop on main?
Me: sure:)
Vanessa: see you soon

I finish getting ready very quickly and then go to the coffee shop on main.

This shop is one of the places I applied for so I knew where it was.

When I get there I go inside and see Vanessa.

When she sees me she smiles, and when I get closer she gets up and gives me a hug.

I hug her back, "Hi!"

"Hi! Omg my gosh we are going to have so much fun today!" She says, releasing me from the hug.

We walk out of the coffee shop and we start walking.

She shows me around. She shows me different places to eat, where to buy clothes, and other random shops.

It's really nice to have someone to hang out with.

She's really nice and energetic. I'm also energetic so it's perfect!

"And my favorite store of all time!" She grabs the door handle to the store we're standing in front of, "The sex store."

I look at her shocked, "The what?"