nineteen

Emiliano kissed me! And I kissed back, of course!

He smiles against my lips, "Are you good?"

"Mhm." I hum. "Never better."

I kiss him again not wanting this to end.

He kisses me back and it turns into a make out.

Until I pull away. "Wait. I don't want to be reading this wrong."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Last time I thought something we did meant something it didn't." I admit.

"Victoria." He puts his hand on my lower back, "It's not that I don't want to be in a relationship with you. It's that I am scared of people who don't like me hurting you. I don't want them to hurt you."

"Why would they hurt me?" I ask.

"Because I am in the mafia. And that is definitely not an easy job and it comes with enemies. And those people will try to hurt anyone they know I care about." He says.

I smile, "You care about me."

He doesn't respond though, a small smirk just spreads across his face.

"What if I am willing to accept the risk?" I ask.

"I don't want you to have to be in constant fear of your life just because of me." Emiliano says. "I want you be have everything you can ever possibly want in this world. I want you to be happy, I don't want you to be scared."

I bite my lip since I feel it start to shake a bit, "I won't be. I can learn to protect myself."

He shakes his head and lets out a light laugh, "It's not that simple."

"Well you can teach me. I can join your mafia thing." I say.

He grabs my face gently, "My sweet girl. You are so cute. It's really not that simple."

"But I want to join. I can fight the mean men." I smile.

He sighs, "You really aren't giving this up are you?"

I shake my head, "No. Because you are saying you don't want me to live my life in fear when that's what you are doing! You don't want a relationship with me because you are scared. But you shouldn't be. It should be my choice if I want to accept the risk or not. But it's also your choice if you even want to be in a relationship with me. I know what I want. You need to decide what you want."

I get off the bed and walk into the hotel bathroom. I splash water on my face and brush my hair. Then I go back into the main room where Emiliano is sitting on the bed.

He stands up and walks over to me.

He grabs my face, "I want to be with you."

I smile, "Really?"