2.6: Swan residence

Today, I went to visit Bella to see how she's doing. As I drove to her house, my heart was heavy with concern. I knew that Bella was going through a difficult time since Edward's departure, and I wanted to be there for her in any way I could.

As I pulled up in front of the house, I took a deep breath. Bella wasn't really the easiest person to deal with, especially now, with her depressed state. But I do hope that my presence would atleast bring the slightest comfort to her.

I knock on the door and waited patiently for a response. After a few moments, the door swung open, and Bella's dad stood before me.
"Good morning, sir. I'm Luna." I greeted.

"Yeah. Edward's sister right?"

"That's right." I replied. "I just wanted to see how Bella was doing. I hope you don't mind."

Charlie nods, "Ofcourse. She needs all the support she can get right now."

He welcomes me into the house. I was about to walk upstairs until I hear him say something.
"It means a lot to see you here. It's just hard to see Bells like this. She's always been such a strong girl, but this is beyond anything I've ever seen." Charlie says as he sits on the couch.

"Bella's gonna get through this. She's strong, Chief Swan." I smile softly.

"Please, call me Charlie."

<3

I cautiously made my up the stairs and knocked on Bella's door. "Dad, I said I was fine!" I hear her muffled voice through the door.

"Bella, it's Luna." I say, hoping she heard me.

There was a moment of silence before I heard footsteps approaching. The door slowly opened to reveal a distraught Bella. Her hair looks like it hasn't been washed in days, or even weeks, and her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Bella?" concern etched on my face.

Bella sighs loudly. "What do you want?" she snapped.

I was taken aback from her reaction. I really thought she'd be happy to see me. "I just wanted to see how you were doing." I explain, trying to keep my voice calm. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Bella let out an exasperated sigh, rubbing her forehead. "I'm not okay, Luna," she said. "I'm a mess, and I just want to be left alone."

I hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say. "I understand that," I said gently. "But you know that you can talk to me about anything, right? I'm here for you, no matter what."

Bella looked at me briefly before turning away, her eyes filling with tears as she sat on the side of her bed. "I don't know what to do," she said, her voice choked with emotion. "I feel like I'm drowning, and I don't see a way out."

I sit down next to her, putting a hand on her back. Why did I even come here? I didn't even know how to comfort her. "You're not alone." I said softly. "You have me and your father. We're here for you, Bella."

Bella looks up at me, tears streaming down her face. "Why didn't you go with them?"

"I'm already happy here in Forks. I didn't want to leave my friends behind. Plus, living in Boston made me realize that I wasn't really a city girl at all."

Bella shook her head, looking down at her hands on her lap. "I feel like I'm going crazy," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't think. It's all just a blur."

I pull her into a hug, feeling Bella break down, her body trembling with the force of her sobs. "It's going to be all right, Bella."

a/n: YAY 100 READERS
05/31/23