2.8: Setting up the date

Seth's perspective

I knew that I wanted to make a big move and finally ask Luna to be my girlfriend, and I knew that I couldn't do it alone, so I went to Leah and Emily to ask for help. They had all known I had liked Luna for a while, and it seemed like they were willing to do anything to see me succeed.

"Guys, I need your help," I said, "I really wanna ask Luna to be my girlfriend, but I don't know how to do it. Can you help me?" my voice was full of emotion, and I hoped that they would be able to guide me in the right direction.

And they immediately jumped into action. "Of course we can help you, Seth!" Emily replied excitedly. "We've been waiting for you to ask her out for so long."

"Alright then." said Leah. "We'll set up the most romantic picnic date for you two."
"And it's going to be the best date ever," she added, putting her arm around my shoulder.

Over the next few days, we started to plan the special night out. We went through our attic and found a telescope that had belonged to my grandfather. We also went out to buy Luna's favorite snacks and her favorite flowers. "You sure it's white tulips?" I ask, holding up the bouquet.

"Definitely. I thought you knew that." Leah replied as she hands the florist her money.

We set up a picnic blanket in the middle of a meadow that was near behind Emily and Sam's house.

<3

I was sitting on the picnic blanket, staring off into the sunset. I was feeling a mix of emotions. I was excited, ofcourse, but also incredibly nervous. I couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities of what could go wrong.

What if she says no? What if she doesn't actually like me? What if...

My thoughts raced as I imagined every worst-case scenario.

"Hey, Seth. You all right?" Sam asks, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I flinched, startled by his sudden appearance. I didn't even hear him come.
"Oh, Hey Sam." I said, trying to compose myself. "Yeah. I'm just a little nervous about tomorrow."

Sam frowned. "I understand that but you've got nothing to worry about. You're a great guy and Luna obviously likes you."

"I know, but I don't wanna mess this up. I mean, what if she says no?" I mumbled.

Sam crouched down and glanced at me. "Listen, even if she says no-"

"She's gonna say no?" I speak over him.

"Seth, no. But, even if she does, you tried. That's all that matters, and besides, I don't think she will. I have a feeling that things are going to work out just fine."

I take a deep breath and nod. "Thanks, Sam. I really needed to hear that."

06/01/23