•13•

•Lias Pov•

"Do you really think I should get a paternity test on Lydia's baby?" He asks being completely serious.

"Tom I was drunk I.."

"No Lia, I didn't ask if you were drunk. I asked if you think I should get a paternity test done?" He stopped me, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Yes. I think you should." I told him not being able to hold his stare.

"What made you think of it?" I could tell he wanted honesty but in complete truth, I am not sure.

"I don't know. I did some research after we talked and found out that fertilized eggs can only impregnate you if you unfreeze them, meaning if the baby is yours and with this happening years ago, she purposely got herself pregnant. And you mentioned her wanting you for money so what better way to trap you and your wallet than have your baby?" I answered rambling in case he calls me out about saying that about his baby mama.

"You're right. I didn't even think of that," wait what? " I will get in touch with one of Dr. Miller's colleagues to see if she has someone she trusts to take it."

"Why don't you try Dr. Hopper? She helped us and might be able to do it without Lydia knowing. Plus I trust her at least." I throw it out there, even though he doesn't care about my opinion.

"I trust you so I will call her when we go back home." He says while getting up and heading to the bathroom. Wait.

"We?"

-----------------------------------------------------

"Tom I am not coming with you back to London. How many times do I need to remind you, you left me! I don't have a home in London anymore."

"Lia. I messed up, I know that. Please come back and I'll prove to you how sorry I am. Come on I'll drive you to your place and we can get your stuff from your moms."

"That isn't necessary." 

"It's fine, come on it will be a quick drive..."

"I'm not staying there." I cut him off. "She got married and didn't even bother telling me. She said it was because of everything that happened but I never even met the guy or heard of him when she and I talked." I come clean.

"Lia, I'm sorry. That isn't fair to you. So if you aren't there then are you at a hotel or staying with a friend or something?"

"No, I got a place a couple of blocks away. I even just got furniture last night."

"Ok let me at least drive you back. We can talk about everything when we get there, but please just hear me out."

"Ok, fine. But if I say no then you go back to London and figure out a way I can work from home. Deal?"

"Ok great deal, here help me pack up and I will check out downstairs. Then we can get an Uber or walk or whatever."

We packed everything up, which wasn't much, and went downstairs to check out. 

"Why don't we just walk, it's a great day out, and isn't that far?" I ask him when we head outside.

"Yeah, you're right. Show me the way." We start heading there and for a good 5 minutes, it is complete silence between us. 

"So how's the baby?" I ask feeling awkward and instantly regretting it.

"You really want to ask about that?" I shake my head. "Yeah, I figured. So, you're seeing Rachel. How's that?"

"I stopped seeing her the day you found out. I don't need therapy and she wasn't helping me. How did you even find out about that?"

"Haz told me when I went looking for you."

"You went looking for me? Why?" I asked feeling confused but knowing the answer.

"Because we lost our baby and you never told me. I spent weeks thinking we still had our miracle just to find out it died the day I came over. We needed to talk about it. We will talk about it when we get to your new place."

As I see the place up ahead I also so Carson and Riley heading out for a walk.

"Hey, Lia? Did the furniture get here alright? You never had me come over." Carson says coming up to us. 

"Who the hell are you and why are you asking my wife about her furniture?" Tom said pulling me behind him.

Oh Shit.