•9•

•Lia's Pov•

Ring Ring

I hear my phone going off and see that it's Haz. I just let it ring out then put it os silence. I know I should answer and explain myself but I just can't. He knows that he would be able to convince me to come back, but I just needed to get away. I can't face Tom knowing that he now knows.

"You don't need to get that?" Carson asks when the phone stops ringing.

"No, it's just a friend from home," I respond putting my phone on silent and pocketing it.

"Thank you again for coming with me to pick out furniture so I'm not sleeping in an empty house. It means a lot to have a second opinion."

"Oh please. As if you need it, you are Amelia Holland and the best at this stuff."

Yeah, Holland...

After running into Carson I decided just to get the furniture shopping done and out of the way. We got a California king-size bed frame and mattress, dresser, dining table, chairs, a sectional couch, 2 end tables, curtains, and bedding. The bedding and curtains had a lovely blue to them and the dresser, frame, dining set, and tables were mahogany.

"Ok so this will all be delivered tonight, so what do you wanna do while we wait? I could give you a tour or we could go get food. I know this amazing Italian restaurant that is to die for." Carson asks.

"Oh um... I was just going to go grocery shopping instead, you know stock up on stuff."

"Ok well if you need help with the furniture feel free to stop by. Also here's my number." He writes his number on the back of my receipt.

We took his car, seeing as I couldn't exactly bring mine, back to our neighborhood.

"Thank you again for helping and driving. I'll let you know about tonight, I may have the delivery people help me out. See you, Carson." I let him know while getting out of the car.

"Bye Amelia," he says before I close the door.

Silence.

Recently silence hasn't been all that peaceful. Before I go down the spiral I open up Doordash on my phone and start adding groceries to my list. Definitely adding bottles of New Amsterdam, Malibu, and Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila. I have found that alcohol helps keep the demons away throughout the night.

I'm constantly dreaming of Tom and Derek and Lydia and my baby. Sometimes I see Lydia and Tom and their baby living happily as a family. Others I see I had my baby and Derek came and killed it as revenge. I know that with Derek I am being ridiculous since I am the reason why my baby is gone and he is in jail. I wasn't a good enough mum, I wasn't a good enough wife.

I get a ping on my phone and see it's Mum.

Mum: Honey please come home. Let's talk about this. Where are you right now?

I ignore it. I know that I shouldn't and that it is childish but I just can't right now. I can't believe she didn't even tell me about it. I had seen her when I had the miscarriage, was she out with this Adam guy? Was that why she wasn't home that night? Or why she didn't pick up the phone the other day when I needed her to calm me down?

Ding Dong

I go to the door and see it is Doordash. What surprises me though is it is that kid that Noah constantly fights with, shit I forgot his name.

"Oh hey you're Noah's Sis, right? Amelia? It's Caleb." Thank god he said his name.

"Yeah of course I remember you, Caleb, so you Doordash for work?" I wonder.

"Just as a side job, I work at a gym mostly."

"Well thank you for my groceries, though I am not sure how you bought the liquor since you are not 21, I won't rat you out." I didn't give a tip on the app so I just hand him 10 bucks.

"No problem and Thanks," he says holding up the 10 I gave him.

I close the door and start putting stuff away into cabinets and the fridge and freezer. Checking my phone and seeing that it is already 7 pm and I have a missed call from Mom and Noah, I decided to call Noah back at least.

"Oh my god, Lia finally. Where are you? Why did you just leave?"

"He had no right to talk to me like that. I just met the guy and he wants to try and be a father. How long have you known him?"

"Lia please," He begs.

"How long."

"Since before the last time you came."

The last time I came? Oh.

"So what? While I lost my baby she was with him? That's why she wasn't home?" I remembered both of them being gone but not really knowing where.

"She was with him, but before you scoff and hang up she was going to have him come over the next day to meet you," he rushes out before I can interrupt knowing me all too well.

"When did he propose?"

"A week before you came down, they married when you went back home. She thought since everything you had been through that you shouldn't go so it wouldn't trigger anything."

"It would have been nice to have a heads-up before seeing a stranger in my home. Why did you keep it from me?"

"I didn't want to hurt you. Please Lia where are you? Are you at least safe?" He sounds a bit desperate almost.

I debate telling him, but there is a side of me hoping that he will tell Mum and she will come to see me.

"I am fine, I am renting a place not that far from the house. I think I am going to stay in town for a little bit."

"I have to go right now for practice but if you aren't doing anything then can I stop by tomorrow? I would love to see you so we can talk."

"I would love that. I'll send the address later. Bye, Noah."

"See ya, Lia."

When he hangs up the doorbell rings. It's the furniture people, which confuses me since they were not going to be here until 9. I look at my phone to see the time and see that it is already 8:30. I have been talking to Noah for an hour and a half.

"Oh you guys are early, is there any chance you can help bring the stuff in?" I ask the one guy who came to the door. He must be in charge.

"Yeah, sure thing miss. Wanna tell my boys where you want everything?"

For the next hour, we move everything in and get it set up. When we are done they leave and I'm left all alone in my empty place. Great back to the silence.