•28•

•Lias POV•
"No," I cut them off before they can say anything.
"Lia please just hear Mum out." Noah says walking towards me.
"No, we have to get to work," I grab my bag and head to the garage not taking a second look back. The pain is still fresh, she can't expect me to be fine with everything after only a few days. I can hear Tom apologize and say to come by after work but I now know where I won't be.
"Love she's your mum, you can't keep ignoring her."
I turn towards him. "Tom. Are you driving with me or not?"
I see his shoulders deflate, "Give me a bit too get dressed,"
It takes a while for him to come back out. I thought they might of still been inside but then he walks over and gets in the passenger seat without saying another word.
I already know this is going to be an even longer day.

I was right. It wasn't even 10 and I am mentally exhausted and over this. I think it's time for a Haz break. I get up and head toward his office. Even though he loves my Mum I know he will help me work through my thoughts unbiased.

Knock knock

"Come in!" I hear him yell.
"Hey Haz. Im guessing you heard?"
"Yeah I heard. What happened?" He asks closing his laptop.
So I explain everything. Going home and meeting the boyfriend turned husband while I had a miscarriage. The way he spoke to me. The lying. All of it.
"Wow that's a lot. Honestly it isn't ok springing this all on you with everything that has happened this past year. Im 100 percent on your side."
I can feel a but coming.
"But your mum was trying to look out for you. Not add more problems or surprises onto your shoulders." He makes a good point.
"Deep down I know she's looking out for me but it still hurts to be out of the loop of my mums life."
"How about tonight we all go out to eat? Any restaurant of your choosing and Stacy and I will be there of course."
"Ok fine. Let's just order food and stay in at my place. That way I'm not causing a scene."
"I'll see you straight off of work. Now get your arse back to your office before I tell the boss you are slacking." He says with a stupid smirk.
I go back to my office and ponder my thoughts. I know she's my mum but I can't just move on. Ugh why does being an adult have to be so freaking hard.

It's 5 and officially the end of the work day. I walk to Toms office to see if he is ready to leave when I'm stopped by shouting.
"She should be locked up! Why can't you police do your fucking jobs and keep this psychopath off the streets and out of my life!"
I walk in to see him slamming the phone down, ending the call.
"Is everything ok Tom? I heard shouting."
"Yeah love everything is ok. Just incompetent people. You ready to go home?"
"About that. Haz and we're talking earlier and him and Stacy are coming over for dinner tonight as well as Mum and Noah. I think I'm ready to talk with them but it most likely won't be pretty."
He pulls me to him and crushes me with a hug.
"I am so proud of you baby. I will be there every step of the way."