•27•

Short Chapter

•Lias POV•

"Mommy!!"
"I'm watching baby," I shout to my 3 year old son.
"Hey baby how are you feeling?" Tom asks sitting beside me.
"Fat." I laugh rubbing my pregnant belly.
"Just a couple more months and our Louis will be a big brother."
I turn to look at my son and I don't see him where I left him.
"Tom where's Louis?" When I turn to look at him, Tom is now gone.
"Tom?!! This isn't funny!"
I jump up seeing my belly is now flat like before. I don't like this, this cruel joke. I'm frantically running around trying to find them when I trip over a grave.

Here lies the body of Amelia Holland
   She couldn't even save our baby

I crawl backwards trying to get away from it when I fall into a dug hole. There is something already down here. I twist my head and see my lifeless corpse.

I jolt off of the theater chair. In the process I wake up Tom who also fell asleep.
"Hey what's going on? Are you ok?"
I can feel my heartbeat going so fast. My breathing isn't any better.
"Nightmare, I'm sorry I woke you up."
"Don't worry about me. Wanna talk about it though?"
I want to but I don't want to hurt him.
"No it's ok, I'm just going to go back to sleep."
I get ready to leave when I feel a tug on my wrist.
"Hey wait, if you need to talk you can. I'm always here for you."
"Thank you Tom, that means a lot."
I turn and head towards my room.
Maybe going back to therapy isn't such a bad idea after all.

I didn't sleep. Not a single wink. That kind of explains why I am already ready for work and in the kitchen at 6am when Tom finally wakes up.
"Hey you're up early, get any more sleep?" He says then yawns.
"Not really, it's ok though because today is a big day. We meet with the contractors for the golf course in Baltimore."
"Do you want to talk about last night?" he asks looking at me worriedly.
"We already talked about the couch so it's all good." I'm avoiding the other talk.
"Lia I meant the dream. What happened?"
"Can we talk about it after work please? You should go get ready so we can leave."
It takes him a while to get ready but goodness it is worth it. He comes out of the bedroom in a white button up shirt and a black suit jacket with black suit pants. I can see the outline of his chest through the shirt and have to look away quickly.
"Any chance we can carpool? I don't feel like driving right now." Tom asks while getting his to go tea ready.
"Yeah sure that works. But we gotta leave on time today please."
"Deal. Let's go get breakfast then get to work."
After he says that, there is a knock on the front door.
"Who in the bloody hell would be here at 7 am." Tom says while making his way to the door.
I ignore it and finish his Tea mug then make sure everything else is ready to go.
"Lia Darling, it's for you."
I turn around and see Noah and Mum waiting by the entry way. I knew this was going to happen but not so soon.