•23•

•Tom's Pov•
After arranging a place to meet I tell Sarah to hold all calls.
"I'll be back before 4pm. If any later then reschedule them for tomorrow."
"Will do Mr. Holland." She replies, instantly going into her computer to do so.
I go to Lias office again to update her on where I am going.
Knock knock
"Come on in.
I walk in and notice everything is cleaned up already and Stassie is nowhere to be seen.
"Hey did Stassie leave already?" I ask.
"No she's talking with Haz about dates. What's up?"
"I have to head out for a bit but I'm shooting to be back around 4 maybe. I am heading to Dr. Hoppers office." This makes her sit up straighter.
"Dr. Hopper? Does this mean you actually went through with it?"
"Yes, I did," I sit myself in a chair across from her desk. "She called when I went back to my office, didn't give a lot of information but said that we needed to talk." I let her know, waiting for a response.
"I hope it is good news then. Just drive safe please and call if you will be late coming home." She said and it made my heart swell how she called the house her home.
"I will darling, and I will let you know after I get back." I stand up to walk around the desk and kiss the top of her head.
"I will see you later love, if you need me for anything just give me a ring." I say then head out before she can react to the kiss.
I just hope I didn't push to far.

•Lias POV•
I'll be honest, I am shocked that Tom went through with the paternity test. I knew he had is doubts after our conversation but still it is a shock.
That's not the only shock though. He kissed my head. I know its not like he hasn't done this before but this was gentle and sweet and with how things have been lately I just missed it. I should be mad but I can't bring myself to it. After that night in the nursery my heart won't stop pounding when he is around. I know I need time to heal but a part of me doesn't want time, it wants to be like how we were. Happy.
I am just going to do my work and forget about all my thoughts. It's the best thing for me. I just hope the test comes back negative and that Lydia is not really having his baby.